1ST time out with the F75

I recently acquired an F75 SE. It came with a 12"x15" SEF coil. I haven't used it as I've been waiting on an 11" DD to arrived(prob tomorrow). I stopped at an old ball field today and my 1st two finds where two nickles and the third was a clad quarter. I ended up with another clad quater a clad dime and a couple pennies, one of which... a zinclon. I was pleased with my first time out with the F75, I can't wait to try it with the 11" DD...

EBCIII

Welcome to TQ! We are glad you re here! It sounds like you did well with the F75! Continued good luck with it, Beale.

I took the F75 out yesterday. At the first spot I stopped the EMI was so bad I thought the 11" DD may have been bad until I put the 12x15" on and had the same results. I had to reduce the sens way down before it quietened down. I turned my AT Pro on and only got the EMI when sens was almost maxed out.
I went to another spot, no EMI prob at all, just too dry to do any diggin' with out lawn damage. I guess I'll try again after some rain or find a field to MD

Casca

You can change frequencies also if EMI is too bad. But I have found I have to run my F75 around a 30 on the sensitivity setting when in a city park. The 5" search coil will also help hunts in trashy areas, those big coils will pick up everything. Even in disc or notch its real noisy with the big coils on. Are you watching the depth meter when you use the pin point function?

wjm4161

I recently acquired an F75 SE. It came with a 12"x15" SEF coil. I haven't used it as I've been waiting on an 11" DD to arrived(prob tomorrow). I stopped at an old ball field today and my 1st two finds where two nickles and the third was a clad quarter. I ended up with another clad quater a clad dime and a couple pennies, one of which... a zinclon. I was pleased with my first time out with the F75, I can't wait to try it with the 11" DD...
GO for the NEL " shooter coil" its a 9.5" x 5.5" hits better than my 11" (y)