2 Ring day

bwanaclyde56

With the temps in the 90s the last few days and the ground bone dry from lack of rain this year I decided to hit the lake today. After hunting for just over 2 hours the beach started getting crowded so I called it a day. My take for the day was $1.01 in clad and two rings. The first ring was one of those Tungsten rings ( don't people wear gold bands any more) my second for the year. The second ring at least was sterling silver.

Attachments

bwanaclyde56

Congrats And a great way to stay cool. Do those tungsten rings read in the silver range Or can you tell the difference?
My water machine is a Whites Surfmaster II and I usually operate it at 2 which will eliminate most nails and bobbie pins. There is no meter to get a vdi so I just dig all tones. They do make a good solid sound like a quarter.

Digging Fool

My water machine is a Whites Surfmaster II and I usually operate it at 2 which will eliminate most nails and bobbie pins. There is no meter to get a vdi so I just dig all tones. They do make a good solid sound like a quarter.
I had a Surfmaster II Amphibian and used it for many years. It found many gold rings. That was the “good old days” for me.

bwanaclyde56

I had a Surfmaster II Amphibian and used it for many years. It found many gold rings. That was the “good old days” for me.
Your right about the "good old days'. My hunting buddy and I got ours when they first came out and were the first in our area with a water machine.We hardly ever came home without multiple rings many of them gold. I more than paid for my machine that first season.