570 Crosstalk?

M

mlamp20412

I am still getting use to the 570 as a pinpointer and I love that it is waterproof. My only concern is that it is either too sensitive or I am getting crosstalk between my 570 and my BH SSII. If I don't put my MD coil as far away as possible from the hole (while using the 570 in the hole) either my MD or the 570 kinda go nutty.

I need to check out what frequency each is on. I thought maybe my mineralized soil was causing th the highly sensitive 570 to keep vibrating, but I tried it out in a creek bed a few miles away and did not have the problem. I did not have my MD with me, only the 570. I did actually find 3 CW bullets in the creek with the 570:bthumb: (too bad they were not gold nuggets:icon_wink)

Any one else have this problem with their pinpointer?

HH-

This is not an unusual situation and it could be worse with some detectors than others. I have experienced it also. The Vibraprobe pinpointers are Pulse Induction so you will get a detection response on any metal. I have been using the Garrett GTP1350 and the 570 can give it fits if I get it too close. Just seperate them as much as you can or just turn off the detector. I know this is not much help. Ok God Bless and HH.

John Tomlinson,CET
John's Detectors

pris

Yeah, my 560 messes with my Ace250. I just automatically move my MD away from the target before I even start to dig. I got used to it and it doesn't happen at all now.

D

dave

dave in iowa

Yeah, my 560 messes with my Ace250. I just automatically move my MD away from the target before I even start to dig. I got used to it and it doesn't happen at all now.
Pris has it right on the button, just move the detector away and the problem will be gone .

P

PABill

Everyone is right. Even with my XLT if the coil is to close the machine will go crazy. I just swing my coil out to the side away as far as possible and then there is no problem. You will learn how far you have to move your coil away for them not to interfere with each other. HH Bill

COMMANDR

Ditto for my MineLab X Terra 70. The 560 pinpointer make it go crazy if is
in close proximity to the coil. Keeping them a fair distant apart stops the
interferance.

Gary

M

mlamp20412

Thanks for all...

the feedback. Sounds like it is a typical issue. I will just have to keep the coil away from the pinpointer.

Thanks all :wave:

HH-