6x8 SEF Butterfly coil report

NOLA36

I just wanted to give my fellow MXT swingers a quick report on the new 6x8 SEF Butterfly coil I just purchased. It's early, but I'm very impressed so far. I made two quick hunts in the same spot that I have pounded with the Super 12, Eclipse 5.3 and a Tejon with stock coil. The first hunt yielded an Eagle "I" button standing on edge next to a large iron nail. On my second outing I scored a 1854 seated liberty dime. I dug multiple bits of brass and lead, but those were the two best. I could not believe how many targets were left in such a small area. Looks like I have a lot more area to re-hunt. I would say it has excellent depth and target seperation. I'll keep you posted.

Let us know more about your coil, I am thinking about getting one
I have the 10x12 I have used it for some time now and like it as well,
but would like to get the 8 inch, they pen point well, and by putting the coil on end in the relick mode sw forward it is easy to till bottel caps
by centering the v portion of the coil, you get a grunt sound or low pitch sound. good luck and let us know how you do.

KRose

MXThunter, where are you from and what type of hunting do you primarily do? I'm from Covington, Georgia and I am basically a relic hunter. I recently purchased a MXT Pro and have been very impressed with it and it's depth capabilities thus far. I have the eclipse 950 coil but I'm looking at maybe getting a 2nd coil for it down the road. How do you like the MXT?