A Good Night At The Coin Club

sojourner

COINSTAR KING
IMG_0192.JPG
IMG_0193.JPG
Image (4).jpg

On Monday night I attended my coin club's first meeting of 2019. I made a small exhibit of metal detector finds that are NOT coins, but various medals, tokens, watch fobs, etc. and gave a short talk to go along with it. As a "reward" the club gives exhibitors a Walking Liberty Half Dollar for their efforts. After the exhibits are finished the club conducted a quiz with prizes given to the five members with the highest amount of correct answers. I came in third and won another Walking Liberty half. After intermission the club has raffles and one of the other members had to leave suddenly so he gave me his tickets and told me to keep whatever I win.....if I win. Lucky me, I won two of the 25 prizes, a 2005 Clad proof quarter set and a one troy ounce piece of copper. A pretty good night all the way around.

DigsNW

That was a good night at the coin club.
I have no luck at drawings and such. I have never won anything in my whole life and I always try. My wife is the other way around.
It sounds like you always have nice meetings at your coin club. Congrats on your haul and with KRose I say thanks for being a Goodwill Ambassador for metal detecting.

sojourner

COINSTAR KING
I have no luck at drawings and such. I have never won anything in my whole life and I always try. My wife is the other way around.
It sounds like you always have nice meetings at your coin club. Congrats on your haul and with KRose I say thanks for being a Goodwill Ambassador for metal detecting.
Thanks Dave, I appreciate the kind words. The funny thing is, I NEVER buy raffle tickets because I never have good luck with them. I probably got lucky this time because they were actually someone else's tickets:)

DigsNW

Thanks Dave, I appreciate the kind words. The funny thing is, I NEVER buy raffle tickets because I never have good luck with them. I probably got lucky this time because they were actually someone else's tickets:)
There you go, you now have inside information on how to win. Now unlucky me will have to try it. By the way, the song they sang on Hee Haw was written for me originally, “if it weren’t for bad luck I’d have no luck at all.”

sojourner

COINSTAR KING
Looks like you had a great time at the club meeting. Congrats. Too bad we don't seem to have a coin club around here
Coin clubs are disappearing these days but ours manages to keep on going strong because of good leadership and a good program at each meeting.
We spend no more than five minutes on the usual minutes and reports and then move on to the interesting things like exhibits, show and tell, raffles, and auctions. Each month we have a guest speaker who gives a talk or slide show. One thing though, although we generally get 40-50 people at each meeting, there are almost no younger people at the meetings. Most everyone is a senior citizen which doesn't bode well for the future of the club or the hobby.

KRose

I'm like the poor hexed and unlucky fellow on the episode of Andy Griffith that pulled a number from a hat passed around for the raffle of the TV. I always seem to pull a 7 1/4'. Lol