A Question to MXT Owners?

Having Just Bought a MXT and Giving up on the DFX, One of the reasons was that the MXT also searches for Gold my Question I ask of you if for example you are relic or coin hunting will the MXT pick up gold signals if in another mode than Gold. or do you have to be specificlly in the Gold mode? any help would be appreaciated. Thanks-Gary​

Hey JM,

You don't have to just be in the Propecting Mode to find gold. I use the prospecting mode with my 4X6 coil exclusively when nuggetshooting.

I would suggest you start out using the Coin and Jewelry Mode as a new owner. The learning curve is relatively easy and you will find your comfort zone. All of the gold rings I've found with the MXT have been pleasant surprises as they are in the pull-tab/ring VDI area.......you gotta pay your dues to get the good stuff.

When you get good at the Coin and Jewelry Mode, then give the Relic Mode a try. I've been using the Relic Mode pretty much exclusively. There's more tones and such. Like anything, it takes a bit getting used to, but I really like it.

Definitely read the owners manual and pick up "The MXT Edge" by Jeff Foster.

Hawk

Short Answer

............................for example you are relic or coin hunting will the MXT pick up gold signals if in another mode than Gold. or do you have to be specificlly in the Gold mode? ........
Hi Gary :wavey:

Short answers: Yes! No! :mean:

Longer explaination: I usually hunt in relic mode like Hawk. To me, it's a personal preference. There is consideral overlap in the VDI numbers, explained here: http://www.treasurequestxlt.com/community/whites-mxt/17879-finding-rings-question.html#post156045

Each of the modes has it's own merits, but I found for my taste the coin mode a little more difficult to interpret. It might just be me.

I would suggest like Hawk mentioned the best book I've found available is "The MXT Edge" by Jeff Foster. I'm pretty sure our sponsors have a copy available. Try them first, but if not, it's available here: Field Depth Enterprises' Books . It's money well spent, and goes into depth the different modes.

Thanks
Leo:wave: