An underated detector

A little heavy and not so well balanced machine.

I had two and found them to be very sensitive and deep, especially in some of the higher mineralized soils.

Right now I think this machine is taking a back seat to it's current competition of lightweight detectors that cost even less.

If you can pick up a used one, reasonably priced, take advantage of the deal.

I kind of like the Musketeers original version, the Sterling. For those that don't recall the Sterling or Tribune, here's a couple pictures

Attachments

bootybay

Now that was interesting big time..thank you.. What exactly is the sterling one designed to do, out of sheer curosity.

Ric-san

Thanks for the review...been lookin' for a good deal on a muskateer colt for a little while...read some good stuff on them...

Now that was interesting big time..thank you.. What exactly is the sterling one designed to do, out of sheer curosity.

It's a coin and relic machine and the same depth capabilities just like the current Musky. Although, many claimed they did not have exciting depth,
those folks did not have a machined correctly tuned for thier ground. The factory tuning was off for US soils. Once properly tuned, you'll gain 3-4 more inches in depth. Ground balance, threshold etc. pots can be found inside. I have full instructions on tuning these babies.

For the most part Minelab decided to go plastic with the housing and use the same box as the Sov. Folks wanted more control and the unit needed to work in many different soils so Minelab started putting the inside controls on the outside, so they needed a bigger box. This is just my theory.

You will also find that current Musky coils will work on it. Air tests done with the DD Slimline 800 and the DD Stock 8" round white coil are identical.

Here's the field test:
Lost Treasure Online- Field Test