Anti notch mode?

Dirty 1

Am i hurting myself in anyway by using this mode with no discrimination? I dont dig the iron. Way to much crap in the ground in my neighborhood. The cans are bad enough. dont need the extra garb getting in the way.

against the wind

There are a lot of Bounty Hunter owners on TQ. PM Digging Fool, or Homefire, and they will probably point you in a better direction than I can. I'm a Garrett Guy and my normal search areas, (N.Y.C. Parks). aren't saturated with Iron ore deposits or slag,, but we do have our share of trash,,lol:cool:

herb n surf

Yes , you will lose some small gold articles , and titanium rings . I prefer to use the notch mode . It still will eliminate iron but you will find more jewelry .

Yes , you will lose some small gold articles , and titanium rings . I prefer to use the notch mode . It still will eliminate iron but you will find more jewelry .
I have figured out that you cant always rely on the meter as far as it bouncing a little from say iron to a nickel. I found a nickel and was getting a slight variation from iron to nickel. I dug the nickel and ran my detector back over the hole and no iron. I hit a spot that was jumping all over the place but was getting a repeatable silver tone, kinda like it does with an aluminium can. I started once not to dig, but said what the heck, lets just see what it is. Turns out it was 3 dimes and a penny right together. I have just been digging the ones that will lock down and want move. It's hard to say what i have left behind since i started. I have ran my detector in auto notch mode the last few times out. I ran it in all metal tonight and had a way better night tonight. I also slowed my sweeps way down. I slowed it down all i could and still be able to keep it moving at a steady pace. I have been swinging it pretty swift. Not crazy fast, but fairly swift. Can you Make your sweeps to fast?

herb n surf

@herb and surf. Do you run in notch mode with the discrimination turned all the way down?
Notch mode already gets rid of your iron so there is no need to turn up discrimination . As far as your id goes it's is an indicator of what it might be , but as the manual states different shapes and other factors could misidentify the object being detected . Good luck , you have a real nice detector and the manual ground balance ability will give you the edge over detectors with only factory preset ground.