Any input on the Tiger Shark?

DewGuru

Anyone care to share their experience on the tiger shark, as far as actual use in salt water?

Have the opportunity to get one, for a deal, but dont want to waste money if its going to give me irregular performance, especially in salt water, and or, salt wet sand conditions.

Thanks.

Digging Fool

If you're gonna do alot of salt water hunting, you would need the Sand Shark instead of the Tiger. But if you can get a Tiger CHEAP, jump on it!! They are hard to find currently.

DewGuru

If you're gonna do alot of salt water hunting, you would need the Sand Shark instead of the Tiger. But if you can get a Tiger CHEAP, jump on it!! They are hard to find currently.
I was eyeballing the Sand vs the Tiger. Have not found any real data, one way or the other on the Tiger, and Tesoro has been less than forthcoming about answering their support emails. (No answer, 2 emails, 1 week).

I can get the Tiger for $380 - but for not much more, I can get a new Sand so was pretty up in the air on it. Deffo will be putting this type of machine to the salt water test (in water) so want to go the best route for the buck.

Digging Fool

Tesoro was having both models on back order due to the waterproof connector manufacturing "woes". The company that had been making them quit, and Tesoro was going to attempt to make them themselves. I have not heard ANYTHING as to whether they have put those models back into production yet.

EBCIII

I was eyeballing the Sand vs the Tiger. Have not found any real data, one way or the other on the Tiger, and Tesoro has been less than forthcoming about answering their support emails. (No answer, 2 emails, 1 week).

I can get the Tiger for $380 - but for not much more, I can get a new Sand so was pretty up in the air on it. Deffo will be putting this type of machine to the salt water test (in water) so want to go the best route for the buck.

I find I get better results calling them. Beale.

DewGuru

Never did get an email reply from Tesoro. Anyone need a job? I think they need help with their internet department, lol.

I did telephone - spoke to a gal who told me their still out of production due to their connection issues. She said maybe another month on it. I guess I don't understand. I cant fathom how it can be so difficult to make a part, but if the need should arise, i'll just make my own. Maybe a new sideline business!! :D

I decided to go with the Sand Shark, as I got a really good deal on a slightly used one, and it appears its going to be my best bet since 99% of the water its going to be used in is salt.

I have called them a couple times...1 time for a new O-ring and another to get some insight on using it in saltwater...Both times I got to talk to lady that had me a o-ring in less than 3 days the other time she transfered me to a tech that answered my questions on the spot.

bdahunter

TQ's Master Pirate
$380 for a brand new TigerShark? That's a deal I would jump on just to have a good freshwater machine with a lifetime warranty. Is the deal still on offer and is there more than one?:pcool:

DewGuru

That one has been gone ... Was a find off of CL ... I know a guy in Georgia who has one, used 1 or 2 times wants $500 on his tiger shark.