Apollinaris Brunnen

I found another stoneware jug at an estate sale for $1. I was checking it out online and saw 3 of these bottle. One was sold for $91, the other 2 were for sale for $65 and $50 for the one with the re-glued handle. It was covered in a painted winter scene. A cabin and trees, a few clouds and snow. I still got a lot of paint to chip off of it. I tried denatured alcohol and that don't seem to touch it. I still haven't got any regular paint thinner but I will see what they got at Wally World. I also bought (a few months ago) a nassau seltzer and a few years back and on a previous post my TAUNUS BRUNNEN. Once I get them cleaned up I'll post a pic of all three. 2 of the 3 that I bought had scenes painted on them. Anyone got any cool stoneware to post? Ginger beers, bottles, jugs, crocks, chamber pots, pitchers, bowls, plates, dishes, mugs, or anything related to stoneware and pottery? Jason

Mr.Silver

Ho Jason!

Ive met 3 people because i am in digging dumps over 8-9 yrs. about finding crocks:

Bill and Mickey Wnek
Decorated Stoneware
Glen Dale,WV
(304) 843-1475

David M Fassinger
45 McMichael Road
Carnegie,PA 15106
(412) 279-2367

Dan & Judy Corker
8406 Knollwood Court
Mechanicsville, VA 23116
1-888-798-2470
(804) 544-9627

If you want to sell or get appraisal., call any they will help you!:spin:
Just a thought?

Mr.Silver:wavey::wave:

Thanx for the addresses and phone numbers. I'm always trying to buy and sell. I just bought paint stripper yesterday and I'll try to get them cleaned and pics posted soon. I love these old stoneware bottles and I'm not sure if I'm willing to part with them just yet. I'll post them soon. Jason

Mr.Silver

Nice Jugs Jason!!

I only dug pieces of them in the dump or seen them at the flea markets complete, I would not sell them just yet, hold on them for awhile, those crocks always go up in price!:multi:

Mr.Silver:wavey:

Amazing the difference in prices between the UK and the US. I picked up three for £1.00 at a car boot sale last year. They are currently in my studio awaiting their turn for restoration.

Jean

swizzle

I found another stoneware jug at an estate sale for $1. I was checking it out online and saw 3 of these bottle. One was sold for $91, the other 2 were for sale for $65 and $50 for the one with the re-glued handle. It was covered in a painted winter scene. A cabin and trees, a few clouds and snow. I still got a lot of paint to chip off of it. I tried denatured alcohol and that don't seem to touch it. I still haven't got any regular paint thinner but I will see what they got at Wally World. I also bought (a few months ago) a nassau seltzer and a few years back and on a previous post my TAUNUS BRUNNEN. Once I get them cleaned up I'll post a pic of all three. 2 of the 3 that I bought had scenes painted on them. Anyone got any cool stoneware to post? Ginger beers, bottles, jugs, crocks, chamber pots, pitchers, bowls, plates, dishes, mugs, or anything related to stoneware and pottery? Jason
I'm new to this website and kind of stumbled here. I put "apollinapis brunnen in the search and here I am. I've always had an interest in old bottles and one of the items I got from my late aunt's estate is a small jug which I put on my kitchen window sill. This morning I decided it was time to clean the window and upon closer inspection of the jug, I noticed it had the following markings: No. 4 R with Apollinapis Brunnen in a circle. The No. 4 R is also engraved on the side. It would be nice to find a little information about it. If anyone can help, I'd appreciate it. Thanks. Jean

Buster

King of Spam
Staff member
Hi Jean, welcome to Treasure Quest...Pappy will be able to give you some info on that piece...Give him some time and I am sure he will come up with something...Buster.....:wave:

Digging Fool

About a year ago, I bought a Henry Lowndes crock at a junk shop for 20.00 and sold it for almost 7000.00. That was back when I had a little luck.....:alcoholic

Digging Fool

Now thats a heck of a profit Way to go digging Fool, Id be digging for more of those bargins if I were you. G-girl
Thanks! The crock had a date of 1841, and was made in Petersburg, Va. The thing even had a couple of hairline cracks in it. I didn't know until after the fact, but a couple of months ago, another Henry Lowndes crock sold at an auction for only 1500.00. That sale was only 10 miles away, but wasn't advertised. I'd have been all over that!! If you ever see that name on a crock, GRAB IT!:wave: