AT Pro coils ?

too_pointer

Besides the stock coil that comes with the AT Pro, does anyone else use a different coil ? I see the larger Nel coils for them, but sure would like your opinions . I don't need a coil for gold, mostly coins and jewelry.
too_

sojourner

COINSTAR KING
Besides the stock coil that comes with the AT Pro, does anyone else use a different coil ? I see the larger Nel coils for them, but sure would like your opinions . I don't need a coil for gold, mostly coins and jewelry.
too_
I use the stock coils on both my AT Pro and AT Max and they do just fine. My "humble" opinion is that larger after market coils are money down the drain. If you're primarily going after coins and jewelry the stock coil will find the good stuff for you. It's all about marketing.....

too_pointer

O.K., just one more question, Between the double D and concentric coils ? Opinions. ? Had both when I had my Minelab Exterra, and remember the concentric was my favorite , than the Double D.
too_

sojourner

COINSTAR KING
O.K., just one more question, Between the double D and concentric coils ? Opinions. ? Had both when I had my Minelab Exterra, and remember the concentric was my favorite , than the Double D.
too_
I used concentric coils for 36 years and then I won an AT Pro at a seeded hunt and it has a DD coil. I like the "DD" just as much as I liked the concentrics. If I had to pick one over the other it'd be a coin flip.

Old1948guy

I’ve got an ace 300 and a 400 the stock coils are fine but I have the Garrett sniper coil ( it’s about 5 inches I guess ) that’s on the 300 most of the time. Used it just yesterday at a very trashy park around the basketball courts and like it for that but it would take forever to do a larger field.

nissn1

Actually i may need someone with some more knowledge than i have to clarify this but i always thought the AT gold 5x8 coil will interchange with the AT pro but after thinking about this they probably should not because the AT max/pro/gold all run on different frequencies!
Will my AT pro 4-1/2" Super Sniper coil work on the at gold ?? I see a lot of those Cors coils coming out of Russia are specific to the model only and cannot be interchanged :unsure: Hmmmmmm

majakldragon

Well Known Member
Staff member
Administrator-Site Founder
Actually i may need someone with some more knowledge than i have to clarify this but i always thought the AT gold 5x8 coil will interchange with the AT pro but after thinking about this they probably should not because the AT max/pro/gold all run on different frequencies!
Will my AT pro 4-1/2" Super Sniper coil work on the at gold ?? I see a lot of those Cors coils coming out of Russia are specific to the model only and cannot be interchanged :unsure: Hmmmmmm
I thought Garrett said the Pro and Max coils were interchangeable although I would have hoped they would have upgraded that connector. Very fragile point for what was supposed to be a rugged machine

too_pointer

After checking the Garrett website it seems ? all the coils are interchangeable on the AT series. Yes those connectors can be a pain!
Can you write places like Kellyco or right to Garrett, and get a good answer ?Let me know, I would be, more than happy, to help you. I have the AT Pro also, and agree 100% that the connections are darn right weird !!
too_

majakldragon

Well Known Member
Staff member
Administrator-Site Founder
Can you write places like Kellyco or right to Garrett, and get a good answer ?Let me know, I would be, more than happy, to help you. I have the AT Pro also, and agree 100% that the connections are darn right weird !!
too_
This is the main reason to pick a coil and leave it on there. Those connectors break soooooooo easy.

The Garrett AT series coils are interchangeable.

nissn1

"The Garrett AT series coils are interchangeable. " Thankyou, yes correct , Garrett AT coils are interchangeable between models, but not so for the Nel coils , according to Garrett " are specific to each machine and frequency" from an email i received today, something i didn't know so be sure when buying one of those "others" like Nel , Cors , etc it stays on the machine you purchased it for! (y)