AT PRO update

adk dirtdigger

I sent my AtPro back to Garrett do to issues I was having along with the pro pointer . I just got the machine back and found that they have changed things to military specs. Because I live in the great state of New York and the weather is a balmy 10 degrees today, I chose not to check it out. I would like to hear from other owners that have the upgrade done to weigh in and let me know how the upgrades are. So far I like what I see.

adk dirtdigger

The issue I had with the pro was I would miss targets at 2-3 inches from time to time and I had an issue with the pin pointer on the machine. A friend of mine had told me that Garrett was changing products to military specs. I can say the face plate is thicker than the original so I'm guessing the inside was also up graded. I posted here to see if anyone had any more on the machine.
The face plate looks like it has a anti-glare surface to it. Like I said, the weather here sucks and I wouldn't know the difference until spring. I was hoping the southern boys who have one which is newer would give me a clue as to what to expect in the spring.

adk dirtdigger

Was your AT PRO the older model??:cool:
I think I got it in 2011 Kellyco. When I first got it was great, then this year it started acting funny late in the season. I contacted Garrett and sent it to them along with the pin pointer.
My hunting buddy reads up a lot on metal detecting and indicated that Garrett had done up grades. Like I said when I got the machine back, the face looked different and was sturdier than the original. I'm going nuts wanting to use it.
A side note, my wife's uncle gave me his mine lab explorer se to figure out for him so I got something to do while the snow flies here. Had a mine lab before and didn't like it.