ATTN: AT PRO & AT GOLD USERS - QUESTIONS

KRose

I have read an awful lot of posts by those of you that own and use the AT PRO. I am a Garrett man myself and presently own the Garrett Master Hunter CX Plus. I am primarily a relic hunter, but occasionally coin and jewlery hunt. My question to you is this: Would the AT PRO or the AT GOLD be best suited for relic, coin, and jewelry hunting? From what I have read the AT GOLD has the All Metal Mode and the Threshold balance. I don't know how many of you use the AT PRO or the GOLD for relic hunting, but I thought what better source than TQ members here and owners of these MD's. If I pursue this I would be selling my Master Hunter, because the AT PRO in my opinion would do all that I would need in a MD. The AT PRO too can be used to hunt in creeks and rivers and that's another big plus. Any comments and tips would sincerely be appreciated. Thanks in Advance. Kevin

KRose

Thanks Beale for your response. I've been watching an awful lot of video's on utube with both units being used. I'm sort of leaning towards the PRO because it can be used in both fresh and salt water. And your right, it is a deep seeker. I was watching a video in S.C. where the hunters were routinely digging minnie balls at right around a foot deep. Both interesting and tempting. Thanks again, Beale and HH

diggin brains

better late than never, the AT GOLD runs at a different frequency than the pro cost about the same and some say its got an edge over the pro, there are a couple of real good youtube videos. As you know I bought the Gold but its been to cold to use. Hopefully I'll make all those E-Track users wish they had one:oops:

Joseblanco

Having used the Pro for 9 months hunting 3-5 days a week I have found it's limitations. It is a great machine for lower mineralized soil. It was not effective in the mountains to the east and last Monday had a chance to try it in the gold fields to the west. Three of us all with vlf machine's had a rough time of it getting a quiet running machine. I am guessing that AT Gold could work in those conditions. I am researching PI machine's for the mountains and will stick with the pro for schools, parks, etc.. I think it is a matter of what works best in the soil conditions that you will be hunting.

I cant speak for the pro, cause i swing the atgold but when making my choice between the 2, the gold has a few options that give it more advantages. just my take. Prob the biggest one is the higher freq. and the 5x8 coil that comes stock. Most that buy the pro end up buying the 5x8 anyways cause it does better in trash. Being the at(GOLD) hint hint will hit gold jewelry also better. The gold is awsome on trash and junk. Watch this video. It convinced me to go with the gold

Joseblanco

I cant speak for the pro, cause i swing the atgold but when making my choice between the 2, the gold has a few options that give it more advantages. just my take. Prob the biggest one is the higher freq. and the 5x8 coil that comes stock. Most that buy the pro end up buying the 5x8 anyways cause it does better in trash. Being the at(GOLD) hint hint will hit gold jewelry also better. The gold is awsome on trash and junk. Watch this video. It convinced me to go with the gold
Have you used your gold in the gold fields, how about hot ground??

diggin brains

this is one of the vids. that also convince me to buy mine

My buddy and me, we went up into the mountains and got more hits with the PRO. I found a horseshoe 8 inches down and the Gold did not pick it up. If it were me with a life or death choice, I go with the PRO. My buddy likes the GOLD BUT DOESNT LOVE IT. I hope this helps!

My buddy and me, we went up into the mountains and got more hits with the PRO. I found a horseshoe 8 inches down and the Gold did not pick it up. If it were me with a life or death choice, I go with the PRO. My buddy likes the GOLD BUT DOESNT LOVE IT. I hope this helps!
If ur buddy had his discrim turned way up u wont hear a horse shoe usually on the gold. it will descrim it out. the gold has 44 descrim settings compared to the pros 40. so it will descrim out alot of large iron and prob larger than the pro will. so if he wants to find horse shoes lmao tell him to turn his descrim down