Back In The Day

sojourner

COINSTAR KING
Image (9).jpg Image (21).jpg Image (20).jpg
I got these photos out of a book called "Yankees Remember" which has a number of photos from the late 1800's to the early 1900's of life in New England. I remember drinking Moxie back when I was a kid. Oringinally it was referred to as Moxie Nerve Food but later it was just called a fountain beverage. The snow wasn't plowed back in the old days, instead it was rolled.

DigsNW

I like the pictures. I hadn’t heard of Moxie until about a month ago when they explained a Moxie sign on American Pickers. Probably never made it to the West Coast as a lot of things haven’t.
No you know KRose won’t just up and read a book called “Yankees Remember.” :giggle::LOL:

KRose

I like the pictures. I hadn’t heard of Moxie until about a month ago when they explained a Moxie sign on American Pickers. Probably never made it to the West Coast as a lot of things haven’t.
No you know KRose won’t just up and read a book called “Yankees Remember.” :giggle::LOL:
You Got That Right. Lol These are some cool pic's. And I mean cool. Too cool for this Southerner. Love those old pic's. Thanks for sharing them with us.

sojourner

COINSTAR KING
Moxie was produced by a small new England company so it's doubtful it ever made it very far west or south. I certainly don't expect KRose to read a "Yankees Remember" book but I included the title just in case the Civil War actually comes to an end and he changes his mind.:)

sojourner

COINSTAR KING
You Got That Right. Lol These are some cool pic's. And I mean cool. Too cool for this Southerner. Love those old pic's. Thanks for sharing them with us.
The guys riding those snow rollers should have had seat belts. Woe unto the one who slips and falls in front of the wheel while it's being pulled along.o_Oo_Oo_O Could be a whole new way to make "snow angels":):eek:

Last edited:

DigsNW

Moxie was produced by a small new England company so it's doubtful it ever made it very far west or south. I certainly don't expect KRose to read a "Yankees Remember" book but I included the title just in case the Civil War actually comes to an end and he changes his mind.:)
:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL: