Banner day at the beach

Xray

Ace 400 continues to pay for itself, even though I got a Nox 800 a few months ago I am still using the Ace, with detecting season winding down this is not the time to learn a new detector, and I know the Ace like a book. I called every bottlecap and piece of foil I found before I dug them, and all the rings I felt a good omen before they were unearthed - Only thing that threw me off was the thin bracelet. Found a tiny shoelace grommet 4" down so sensitivity and depth is no problem, it is perfect for sand hunting.

Found no less than 6 rings and a bracelet, apparently I went where no detector has recently gone before. Gold ring is a stunner, 21K and 6 g's, sure wish it was a bit heavier but I'll take it, $250 melt. Only 1 of the silver looking rings is .925 and not sure about the bracelet, looks gold but there are some corroded areas and evidence of plate lifting so I don't think so ,,, Rang up as foil on the Ace 400, glad I dug it. Big ring is unmarked says "Barcelona", sure looks like stainless.
Combo of wet, mucky and dry sand - 21k was found in the muck about 3" down and rang up in the low 70's. Only tools I use this time of year is a 5 in 1 tool to dig and pinpointer for quick location. Often times I don't need either if the find is close to the surface, I'd say I average around 5 seconds to retrieve a find. I see guys on youtube who scoop, dump, rescoop, kick the sand around, relocate, scoop again, fish around and finally locate the target and I think sheesh, what a waste of time [unless they have a physical limitation of bending over/squatting] For me, a scoop is not necessary hunting the sand, in fact scooping would slow me down and wear out my arm just lugging it around.

Good to get out, was a bit chilly and I had my dog with me much of the time. Got a good rush with every ring I found, going to head back next weekend with a buddy for hopefully some more rushes.

Attachments

sojourner

COINSTAR KING
Very nice finds. I have an Ace 400 as a backup detector and though I use my AT Pro more often than not, I've used the Ace a number of times and can say that it's a really good detector for the money. Totally happy with it.

mtbricky

Well done - I got my first 21K this year as well. Yours is a beauty - love the color. I usually use a small 4" scoop unless I'm in the deep sand. The "shovel" scoop only come out above knee deep in the sea. Nice to find all those rings. I'll bet you were stoked finding each one of them!

draaiorgel

Hey Ray ya had a great day out with your friends.
I'm talkin' about the dog and the Ace 400.
Well done and I'm not talkin' about steaks.
But that would be nice too.
146.gif
146.gif
146.gif

151.gif
151.gif

Xray

Didn't mean to knock use of a scoop at the beach, I did it myself for years until I discovered that I operated much more quickly and efficiently without one. Out of a 2 hour hunt, if I can milk out an extra 20 minutes, thats a big deal - When dealing with a large area hit or miss hunt, the more ground you cover in a given time the more you are likely to find.

Xray

I'll update my finds tomorrow, I'll be pounding the muck and sand for hours with my cousin, one of the very few times I have ever detected with anyone. Not that we are going to be holding hands, I plan to go my way and he can go his, big beach.

Xray

Ok, so went SAT with my cuz and I got skunked, found all kinds of junk jewelry and charms but nothing good, my cuz found a nice silver honker in the muck, he was elated only the 3rd ring he has ever found and first precious metal. Put a good 4 hours into it and came up with nothing, detecting my way back to the truck when it was almost dark I finally thought I redeemed myself, found a very small but solid child golds ring, just as I was telling my cuz that I always hear guys tell stories of finding things on the way to their vehicle to leave - I was elated but my twilight joy was premature, turned out to be plated.

Went again today, this time just me and my dog, and he brought me luck. Hit a different part of the beach and within an hour I found 2 silver rings and a sweet 14k white gold band, melt value 356.16 . Don't think this beach is tapped yet there are areas where I haven't tread and I never see anyone else out there detecting but not sure if I will make it back again before the big freeze, sure am going to try.

Attachments

draaiorgel

There's a lesson to be learnt from that experience.
Only go hunting with your dog and detector of course.
That was a honker 14k white gold.
151.gif
151.gif

Xray

had an unexpected day off so I decided to have another go at it, with my dog of course. Managed to find 1 titanium ring, 1 silver and a small gold charm. Might be it for this beach this year, hopefully will replenish for next year !
59226206919__3F6DB7B1-F109-4B8A-9EC4-D16BBF1AE5A3.JPG

Xray

Well, thought last week was the last time but managed to get out today, rings just won't stop. No precious metal unfortunately but they could have been, and I got a nice little ring rush with each of them. Silverish looking Tungsten ring looks nice, I'd wear it but just a tad too large for me, I'd probably lose it.
IMG_4442.jpg