Battery life ?

I have the camo LS model. I was wondering if when the batteries start to weaken if my detector's detection power weakens also? Seems like i fined more when i have full batteries. I also have recently bought rechareable batteries. Does any one else use them and how well do they hold up compared to throw aways? I just started using them today. Used them for about 30 minutes. When i switched to the new batteries is when i noticed for some reason I started finding alot more coin. Wonder if it was just coincidence?

whitewill_1

I dont know about the rechargeables. But I have a Fisher F2 and I do notice that when the battery meter starts to go down it does affect performance. It is very obvious on mine. It starts acting erratic. It does still find stuff but its annoying.

homefire

My Camo LS detects fine when the batteries start to get low but it gets Stupid.

The buttons stop working.

If I'm using Discrim wich is almost never it starts to give bad numbers.

But again it detects fine.

against the wind

The manufacturer suggests that the detector will operate okay down to the last bar on The AT PRO. When the batterys are too weak to support proper operation, an alarm similar to a machine gun, will go off. (Tatatatataatattatat). I always carry an extra set or two of batterys . It makes sense that a fully powered machine is going to operate better that one with weak batterys.:cool:

EBCIII

I will run my MD down to about 1/2 life on my meter. Once I see that I change them out. Always carry an extra set with me in my pouch, Beale.

Dirty 1

Well folks do not buy energizer rechargeable 9v batteries. Fully charged they lasted about an hour. I spent about $50 on the batts and charger. Very disappointed. Takes about 13 hrs to charge them when there flat. Im gonna try them again and use my headphones and see how long they will last like that.

herb n surf

I have the camo LS model. I was wondering if when the batteries start to weaken if my detector's detection power weakens also? Seems like i fined more when i have full batteries. I also have recently bought rechareable batteries. Does any one else use them and how well do they hold up compared to throw aways? I just started using them today. Used them for about 30 minutes. When i switched to the new batteries is when i noticed for some reason I started finding alot more coin. Wonder if it was just coincidence?
Yes !!!!! I notice it first in the discriminate mode in mine . When my coil goes over a target the Camo will start falsing . I will then lower your sensitivity knob , it will quite down and the very next target it will repeat itself (false) The detector will do something to tip you off that the batteries are weak .(this will happen before the low battery indicator goes on.. (As far as the batteries go) ..The rechargeable s will not last as long as good alkalines . You have a nice detector . Feed it well with strong batteries.. Hope this helps..