BDA's New House

bdahunter

TQ's Master Pirate
I am posting a few pics of the new house that I am in the process of completing for the Princess and myself. It is on a large island in the middle of the St. Lawrence River along the border between Canada and the U.S.
It is a passive solar house of my own design and I have provided almost all of the labour to build it by myself, except for some of the plumbing because truth be told I hate to do plumbing work. The solarium in the last pic was up to 78 F by 10 am this morning in spite of the outside temp being below Zero F., it has a large cantilevered overhang to provide shade in the summer when the sun is higher in the sky which prevents overheating. Likewise the insulated glass doors on the 4 car garage are a solar trap and provide passive solar heat all afternoon and are a great place to start seedlings come the early spring, something like a built in greenhouse.
Cheers,
BDA:cool: IMG_0605.JPG IMG_0606-001.JPG IMG_0607.JPG

KRose

BDA, it looks as though completion of the new Castle is near. Great looking home and you have every right to be proud of the hard work, time, and effort that you have invested. Also, A Very Merry Christmas to you and your Princess! Stay warm and enjoy the new castle.

draaiorgel

Wow, that sure is a palace your princess will fit into very comfortably.
You can be very proud of your creation.
I like the location too, no one to park in front of your driveway.
Looks like you put a lot of thought and love into it.

23[1].gif 23[1].gif

KRose

Bda, I'm sorry too as I know we all are to hear this. Any spinal cord injury is serious business, but prayers that this is an injury that you'll be able to
rehab and come back 100% and pain free. God's Speed to you and your wife.