Beautiful Seated Quarter, A Merc, And A Sterling Bracelet

sojourner

COINSTAR KING
DSCN2357.JPG DSCN2362.JPG DSCN2364.JPG DSCN2361.JPG DSCN2367.JPG DSCN2359.JPG DSCN2360.JPG DSCN2355.JPG After giving it a two month rest we headed back to Carpetville for a three hour hunt. We had hoped to at least dig a few dollars worth of clad which we did.....93 coins worth $11.69 but the hunt provided much more than we anticipated. After about an hour into the hunt I dug the 1920 Mercury dime and I'm doing a bit of a happy dance. Some time later Sue is doing a bigger happy dance because she uncovered a BEAUTIFUL 1843 Seated Liberty Quarter. Most of the detail is still on this coin and was probably lost soon after it was minted. Sue was using her new White's TreasureMaster detector. Later, Sue dug the 17.7 gram Sterling silver bracelet. I dug the antique? drawer pull and the item with the criss-cross design. I have no idea what it is so if anyone can help me ID it please do.

DigsNW

Good deal, so I guess you aren't completely nuts. :D
I like the drawer pull a lot and have no idea what the thing in question is. That Seated Liberty Quarter is in remarkable condition, very beautiful coin. Congrats to Sue on that one. I am glad Carpetville didn't disappoint. You had a very nice hunt. Oh and congrats to you on the merc.

KRose

Ed and Sue, Congrat's to you on yet another Fantastic hunt and return trip to Carpetville. Beautiful Seated coin. The gentleman pictured on my avatar is my Great, Great Grandfather who was born in 1843. All great finds on the merc, the seated, and all the clad and other finds. No telling what you might find there next trip out.(y)

draaiorgel

Now that was a special hunt.
I really liked the 1843 slq man it looks almost new.
Always like seeing those mercs too, love the old drawer pull as well.
I think the item that has perforations could be

the grille over a sponge in a vinigrette.
Oops, I forgot to mention the sterling silver
bracelet and the $11:69.
Well done Ed n Sue.
68.gif
68.gif
68.gif
68.gif
68.gif

23[1].gif
23[1].gif

Last edited:
wow that was a great hunt and a beautiful quarter congrats to Sue
Wow, nice hunt and finds. Congratulations
Now that's a great day!!! Congrats!!!
WOW !!! sweet seated....congrats on the silver.....even the "Liberty" on the shield is pristine.....just wow....
What a beautiful quarter, we all dream about something like that, CONGRATS HUGELY. You did fantastic.
too_
Always good to hear about REALLY nice things turning up in places we have hunted heavily. Just goes to show there is plenty of stuff down there!
Holy Moly! Ya'll had an awesome hunt for sure. Congrats to you on the Merc, and a big congrats to Sue on the quarter. Very cool indeed.
Sweet sweet hunt,, congrats to you both.
The Seated Quarter is incredible.
Now that was a special hunt.
I really liked the 1843 slq man it looks almost new.
Always like seeing those mercs too, love the old drawer pull as well.
I think the item that has perforations could be

the grille over a sponge in a vinigrette.
Oops, I forgot to mention the sterling silver
bracelet and the $11:69.
Well done Ed n Sue.
View attachment 101168 View attachment 101168 View attachment 101168 View attachment 101168 View attachment 101168
View attachment 101169 View attachment 101169
Outstanding .......congrats to both of you.......how deep was the seated qtr.?
Very cool, awesome
Ed and Sue, Congrat's to you on yet another Fantastic hunt and return trip to Carpetville. Beautiful Seated coin. The gentleman pictured on my avatar is my Great, Great Grandfather who was born in 1843. All great finds on the merc, the seated, and all the clad and other finds. No telling what you might find there next trip out.(y)
Very nice hunt Ed and Sue. As you said, it looks like that quarter wasn't in circulation very long before it was lost. Great recovery!
Good deal, so I guess you aren't completely nuts. :D
I like the drawer pull a lot and have no idea what the thing in question is. That Seated Liberty Quarter is in remarkable condition, very beautiful coin. Congrats to Sue on that one. I am glad Carpetville didn't disappoint. You had a very nice hunt. Oh and congrats to you on the merc.
A very big thank you to all who replied to my post. The quarter that Sue dug is sure to be the best find of the year and is now her oldest silver find.