Best batteries for my Whites Eagle Spectrum

sandfisher

Been buying almost all my batteries for the >99 cent store. The batteries are all .99 for a pack of 2 c batteries.
My machine takes 4 C batteries.
Various factors goes into this.
For one, if you buy batteries from the >99 cent store, check your dates. Some are way out of date. Others have great dates.
My comparison is the everready batteries that I bought at regular price from the grocery store for $7. Lasted about 12 hours. And started my machine off at 5.7. This being how charged my machine is.
So far:
Kodak has been the best The only battery to start my machine charged at 5.9.
Zinc chloride 15V for high drain devices
Lasted about 5 hours. Although to be fair, I changed them out a little early at 4.5 charged. I think they would have lasted at least another hour. I wanted my machine at full strength to start todays hunt.

Rayovac Heavy Duty. Only started out at 5.5 charged and lasted 2 hours. I looked at the battery and it said for low drain devices. Hadn't noticed that before I bought them.

I will be posting more.
But the pattern I see is this for the best batteries (so far). Zinc chloride 15V for high drain devices.

sandfisher

majakldragon

Well Known Member
Staff member
Administrator-Site Founder
The Ray-O-Vac Heavy Duty Batteries are old fashioned carbon bats. Most detectors these days need the alkaline type of regular bats or the NiCad rechargables.

whitewill_1

Yeah alkaline is the way to go. Get one of the big packs of rayovac or store brand alkaline batteries and they should last alot longer. They aren't very expensive. I get batteries at Rite Aid alot. They always have some batteries on sale.

sandfisher

I'm just basing this on what I find at the .99 cent stores and trying to see how cheap I can be by shopping there and still get enough quality to make it worth it. And what to look for.
Batteries at regular stores have gotten so expensive.

sandfisher

whitewill_1

You can get an 8 pack of rayovac alkaline C batteries from walmart for $10. They will last alot longer than 5 hours. I have an old Whites that uses 4 Cs and get great battery life from alkalines. You use headphones? The last batteries I bought for my T2 were the new red duracells. They last a long time but are too expensive to make it worth the money. I got them on sale for half price, so it was worth a try.

EBCIII

I hate to say this? Me I use Duracell or Energizer only. I just believe in buying good quality batteries? Beale.

against the wind

I saw a 40 pack of RAYOVAC batteries on sale at HOME DEPOT for $7.99
The only catch is 20 are AA, and 20 are AAA. My AT PRO uses AA's.
$7.99 for 20 AA's ain't bad. That's like 25 cents a battery. Only problem is,, I have no use for AAA's.