BH 840 Automatic

look

Hello, I am newbe to the site , to MD, a electronics hobbyist for over 40 years, and have just picked up a Vintage Bounty Hunter model 840 Automatic with a water-proof search coil in surprisingly good shape.
Q: Does anyone have a scanned copy of the manual for this unit as well as a Schematic that they may be willing to email to me?

BH 840 automatic Manuals???

The 2 separate links for Bounty Hunter does not contain info on the 840 or any of the older Bounty Hunter Detectors such as the Big Bud, Red Baron, De 280 Outlaw,etc. Is this because Bounty Hunter has changed ownership several times and the present ownership had nothing to do with these older machines? Also how does one go about finding the Instruction Manuals for these machines? Thanks JOE

Bounty Hunter 840 Manual

Bounty Hunter has changed ownership at least twice since the 840 was made, so I doubt if you can get an Operating Manual from them. Try Keith Wills in Gilmer, Texas. He may have a copy for sale! If you want to bypass all that go to my post under Bounty Hunter 8400. I posted a very detailed step by step instructions on how to use that detector. The 840 is very similiar except for the Depth Reading Meter! HH Joe

The TINMAN

HI Look, I was surfin some other sites to se if I could run across anything for Ya and came up with someone who just got a copy of the manual for an 840 Auto just a few weeks back. E-Mail...v castro@frsttx.com
Her name is veronica and accordind to this guy he got it in a weeks time. Hope this helps. Hope Ya get it.

The TINMAN

I got IT!!!

For manuals for your metal detectors, e-mail vcastro@frsttx.com . Veronica will send you a copied manual for the metal detector you need one for plus a brochure of the current line-up of the Bounty Hunter metal detectors. If I recall, it only took about a week to receive it. (btw, it was for the VLF/TR 840 Automatic) Mine has a 6" coil and the 3-9V battery set-up.
or ask rrwarren57@netzero.com nicely:smile:

Expert????

OK, EXPERT is not the right word, how about.................................................................................................SENIOR ADVISER!!!????....................................no offense was intended............................Joe