BH Fortune Hunter

Hi all,

I recently purchased a Bounty Hunter "Fortune Hunter" I was told it is the same as a Radio shack discovery 2000 it has three detection modes with autonotch. It's a great detector for the $$$ :bthumb: I've had it out a few times and have found coins and other items, nothing very old so far. I am waiting delivery on a 4" coil to help search those trashy areas with more success. I also plan on getting an inexpensive pinpointer.

Happy New Year
HH to all in '06

Hi all,

I recently purchased a Bounty Hunter "Fortune Hunter" I was told it is the same as a Radio shack discovery 2000 it has three detection modes with autonotch. It's a great detector for the $$$ :bthumb: I've had it out a few times and have found coins and other items, nothing very old so far. I am waiting delivery on a 4" coil to help search those trashy areas with more success. I also plan on getting an inexpensive pinpointer.

Happy New Year
HH to all in '06
New to the forum, hope you are still around... How is the Fortune Hunter doing for you?

New to the forum, hope you are still around... How is the Fortune Hunter doing for you?
Still around and have had it out a few times, nothing to brag about yet, but it does find things. I have found a little change, not yet over a dollar. I am learning how to use it much more effectively. Still... a great hobby, nice to get out. The ben.ding and stretching is good for me.. I
I was in a park along a walk way and got this signal,, started digging. Got down about 5 to 6 inches, still nothing, thought I missed it. Still had a good signal, so I went deeper. It really fooled me as it looked like the bottom of a metal box. 4 inches wide. Once I removed enough rock and dirt and found an edge I could pry it up. Also found whole soda cans about 8 inches deep. That was actually good... I know it can find metal things that far down.
I need to get out more often, been really cold. Thanks for the post