BH Tracker IV - Coils

I'm in the market for a backup coil. My hunting grounds are typical (Parks & beach). Would you go with the 4" or 10" coil? I currently have the stock 8" and looking for a little variety with my backup. If you had to choose, which one would it be? 4" or 10"? Don't get me wrong. I'm perfectly happy with my 8".

Drinks

majakldragon

Well Known Member
Staff member
I would go with the small 4" coil. This will allow you to hunt trashy areas much easier. The going will be slow due to the small coil size but the finds should be more plentiful and better.

I heard that the 4" does well in trashy areas. I wonder what the benefit of having a larger coil would be, besides covering more ground? Do you think it hits a deeper target?

I'm in the market for a backup coil. My hunting grounds are typical (Parks & beach). Would you go with the 4" or 10" coil? I currently have the stock 8" and looking for a little variety with my backup. If you had to choose, which one would it be? 4" or 10"? Don't get me wrong. I'm perfectly happy with my 8".

Drinks
i would go with the 4inch its a nice little coil in the trash

against the wind

I am currently using a 5 X 7 ,, which is really good at shooting through the trash targets,, very happy with it. I will probably switch over to the 4 inch when I'm at a point where I believe my current honey hole is depleted:cool:

wildlife

My first md was a tracker iv it's my backup now, i have only seen one BH 4" coil will it fit a tracker iv if so i might get me one.

HH Wildlife