bomb detector

EPC Guy

TQ Ambassador
I agree that McCormick committed fraud...but whatever happened to "Buyer Beware"? Can it be possible that NO ONE tested this thing on REAL explosives before buying millions of dollars worth of this crap?

I'll tell you what I think...I believe the Iraqi buyer KNEW they were junk...but received a hefty personal kickback from McCormick...as the old saying goes... "follow the money"...

I would say that they did probably test it, via online presentation or something similar then with a phoney
machine set to make noise when it passed something near real explosives or planted inside some C4. It was probably a pretty good demonstration, THEY BOUGHT IT...! LOL

GRIFF

I believe the FBI and the US Army tested it and even put out a warning to our troops warning that it was useless... Israel also tested it and determined it to be useless. I also thought "follow the money somebody got paid off" which I would bet is true but what strikes me as odd is that is seems some of the operators believe that it works. The belief seems to persist even though reportedly a lot have been killed because it did not identify explosives. Its described function is similar to dowsing with the exception that programed cards are utilized to detect a specific substance so I guess is it is a hybrid dowsing device. 10 years of jail time doesn't seem to be enough time for the magnitude of the offense.

Doc dog

I agree that McCormick committed fraud...but whatever happened to "Buyer Beware"? Can it be possible that NO ONE tested this thing on REAL explosives before buying millions of dollars worth of this crap?

I'll tell you what I think...I believe the Iraqi buyer KNEW they were junk...but received a hefty personal kickback from McCormick...as the old saying goes... "follow the money"...
I think your right :cool: