Bought a new old toy

whitewill_1

I just purchased a Whites 5000/d g.e.b. I needed to get another machine and thought one pf the old difficult ones would be fun. Cant touch a decent new one for the price either. Im reading that these machines can detect coins pretty deep which will probably be better than my f2. I have to wait a week now for it to come and thwn wait fot good weather to try it out. I think I will like it because I like the bh junior which is one tone with needle guage like the old ones. I figured out how to read it and was killing coins. An old detector for finding old coins sounds good to me.

Attachments

KRose

That looks like an old Sears metal detector that I got for Christmas years ago. It had Sears name on it but it was made by Whites. It looked almost exactly like the one you had posted the pic's of. I was glad when I got this one. The Sears/Whites replaced my first detector ever, a WW II mine detector. It was complete with the old army issue wooden box. It was bigger than I was. lol

whitewill_1

That looks like an old Sears metal detector that I got for Christmas years ago. It had Sears name on it but it was made by Whites. It looked almost exactly like the one you had posted the pic's of. I was glad when I got this one. The Sears/Whites replaced my first detector ever, a WW II mine detector. It was complete with the old army issue wooden box. It was bigger than I was. lol
What ever happened to the old army one? U find any mines?

Bill Terry

Hi Whitewill,
That's the .machine I started with 35 years ago. I contacted Whites customer service for a battery and charger for it. They do not make anymore but a customer service rep, Mary Hudson, went and found a battery and charger that worked and sent it to me. When I got it there was no Bill! I contacted her and her reply was" HAPPY HOLIDAYS" enjoy. I thought that I got in touch with Santa himself. Turkey a great machine the 5000

sojourner

COINSTAR KING
Congrats on the vintage White's detector. I'm sure it'll serve you well. I'm using my White's Eagle II that I bought in 1989 and it's still going strong. It weighs a ton compared to today's detectors but I feel it's better than the Ace 250 I was using for awhile.

diggin brains

I just purchased a Whites 5000/d g.e.b. I needed to get another machine and thought one pf the old difficult ones would be fun. Cant touch a decent new one for the price either. Im reading that these machines can detect coins pretty deep which will probably be better than my f2. I have to wait a week now for it to come and thwn wait fot good weather to try it out. I think I will like it because I like the bh junior which is one tone with needle guage like the old ones. I figured out how to read it and was killing coins. An old detector for finding old coins sounds good to me.
what happened to the T2