Bounty Hunter Pinpointer

JunkIronKid

I'm gonna tell you like I wish somebody would have told me (maybe they did and I just didn't listen). Save your pennies and get a Garrett Pro Pointer.

JunkIronKid

The one I started out with is the Centech from Harbor Freight. It will run you around 17 bucks. The only problem I had with them was the button on both of mine failed after a month of digging. $23.98 will ship it to your house or you can run over to the Pearl Harbor Freight and get one for the $16.99. I was in there today and they had three on the shelf.

Thanks for the reply JunkIronKid, I see amazon has some priced @ $127.45 and after considering the good reviews that this unit receives I think ill make the purchase.
The audio/vibrate feature is also kinda cool as well as the tip detection.

whitewill_1

The bh is much more durable than that. Ive been using mine since last summer. Have no problems. It will locate every pulltab in the hole. Ive seen them pretty cheap on ebay.

JunkIronKid

Hey, ask anybody on here and they'll tell ya, it's the best out there, bar none, in a handheld.

I run a Sun Ray probe because I got tired of buying 9V batteries (the Sun Ray uses the batteries in the machine) and they are better for hunting trash because they discriminate in the hole just like the search coil. In other words, if there is a nail and a coin in the hole and you have nails discriminated out on your machine, the probe will only sound off on the coin.

DBG

With the Garrett Pro Pointer
You get what you pay for.
A Quality Unit that is the most Popular
Pinpointer out there.
Plus it is backed by one of the best
Companies out there
The Sun Ray Probe that JIK uses
Is also a Great Unit
But I don't think it will Hook up to
Some Brands of Detectors
;)

KRose

Thanks for the reply JunkIronKid, I see amazon has some priced @ $127.45 and after considering the good reviews that this unit receives I think ill make the purchase.
The audio/vibrate feature is also kinda cool as well as the tip detection.
Hey Coinmaster, if you decide on the Garrett Pro Pointer, contact Doc Dog. He knows a place that has the best prices on these that I've seen. Best of Luck. you'll love the Pro Pointer.

Yep, Pro Pointer by Garrett. Had a problem, sent it in ,,, they replaced it , no questions asked. Great service and public relations policy. (Now I have 2 ) I saw that KellyCo was selling it for $127 and was throwing in a Super Gator Digger. I don't know if they are still offering that deal but it can't hurt to ask.:cool:

Tom Klune

Got a BH pinpointer fer my daughter whom doesnt hunt as much as I do. When we go together, SHE gets the Pro Pointer. Not Fair !! Bu yeah, they do work ok.

whitewill_1

I have a Pro Pointer now and it is an awesome tool. The BH is good if you want to go cheaper. Like I said it is way better than no pinpointer. I see that Whites just came out with a new pinpointer that is getting great reviews too. With most serious mders already using the Garrett, I don't know how well the Whites is going to sell. The new Whites one lists at $159.95

against the wind

I pulled up the Whites TRX Bulls eye Pin Pointer. It has a few bells and whistles that I like.
A two year warranty, L.E.D. light, Lost Pin Pointer alarm, (if you leave it on. It will start beeping after 5 minutes.) If you forget to shut it off, it will automatically shut off after 10 minutes. Hope you find it before then, lol.
The most attractive feature is it's ability to precisely pin point the target in the hole instead of giving a 360 degree alarm.
I currently own 2 Garrett Pro Pointers. If the reviews start coming in positive, I guess I can sell off a Garrett to offset the cost of a TRX.:cool:

Casca

I use a garret PP, one hunting buddy has the whites and hates it. We share my pp but his is on the way from Barts Big Toys. I tried cheap and will tell ya its ok if you only hunt once or twice a year. The aggravation and times saved is well spent money. The centech will do the job, but you will have to fiddle with it. I believe the main difference in the whites and the garrets pin pointers is garret is a PI where the whites is a vlf. Hope this helps. Please correct me if I am wrong about this. I plugged Barts to buy from but any sponsor will do.

I have the bounty hunter one, works great for me, and I paid about $60 on Kellyco, but I don't think they sell them any more. I've had it for a few years, and no problems at all...