Bullseye switch

My bullseye started acting up, around the end of summer, had to push the switch several times, for it to make contact. I knew there was an issue with these switches, so I e mailed Whites, they said mail it in and we'll fix it no charge. I finally got it in the mail LOL (procrastinated). Well we will see what the future brings, Whites is said to have excellent service !! In the meantime, I bought an automax v-4, its WAY bigger than the bullseye, the belt clip on it looks useful, gonna have to wait till spring to use it though, we got 12" snow on the ground !! By then I'll have a dx-1 sunray, and wont need either one !! good for back ups or tag along guest diggers !!

Got the bullseye back

Got the bullseye back from whites. Guess they figured it wasn't worth putting a switch in it, they sent me a brand spanking new one !! How's that for customer service !! I traded my recently purchased automax v-4 to a buddy of mine, who wanted a pinpointer for his wife. I'm still gonna get a sunray dx-1 for my mxt though !

bbqcook

TQ Circle of Friends
Sounds like Whites did you right. I have heard they have excellent customer service. I have never had to use it, and hope I don't.

Bullseye: Good or Bad?

I bought a Bullseye years and years ago, when it had the side rubber push button! Eventually, the rubber breaks off! I sent it in, immediately, they sent me a new one! Then the replacement unit did the same thing! Again, I got great service, they replaced the rubber push switch with a prototype, "toggle switch", before they came out! I still have that regular first design Bullseye today! I now also have the Bullseye II. I cannot complain about White's Customer Service! They are the best! I can't say that about some other large detector factories, who keep your repairs for ever!

The only thing I don't really like about the Bullseye, is the detection distance! You almost have to be right on the coin , about 1/4 inch, for it to beep or buzz! That's why I now have a Sunray inline probe! It makes the difference between day and night!

Her's a great deal~ They're selling faster than they can get them in, is the pinpointer, called the "Metal Detector", sold at Harbor Frieght! They look almost exactly like the original Bullseye, except the sensitivity adjustment knob is on the outside top of unit! White's retails the Bullseye for $119.00. Talk about markup! Harbor Freight's model, sells for only $14.99. Huge, huge diference in price! In fact, I think the Harbor Freight unit, picks up coins further than the Bullseye! That would be a great backup, pinpointer, if you can find one! They're selling like hotcakes!

Thought I'd share! :bthumb:

Thats what I call excellent service!!! Congrats SL!! Happy Hunting!!

Hoos
Whites has great customer service !!

Sounds like Whites did you right. I have heard they have excellent customer service. I have never had to use it, and hope I don't.
They did, great customer service !!

I bought a Bullseye years and years ago, when it had the side rubber push button! Eventually, the rubber breaks off! I sent it in, immediately, they sent me a new one! Then the replacement unit did the same thing! Again, I got great service, they replaced the rubber push switch with a prototype, "toggle switch", before they came out! I still have that regular first design Bullseye today! I now also have the Bullseye II. I cannot complain about White's Customer Service! They are the best! I can't say that about some other large detector factories, who keep your repairs for ever!

The only thing I don't really like about the Bullseye, is the detection distance! You almost have to be right on the coin , about 1/4 inch, for it to beep or buzz! That's why I now have a Sunray inline probe! It makes the difference between day and night!

Her's a great deal~ They're selling faster than they can get them in, is the pinpointer, called the "Metal Detector", sold at Harbor Frieght! They look almost exactly like the original Bullseye, except the sensitivity adjustment knob is on the outside top of unit! White's retails the Bullseye for $119.00. Talk about markup! Harbor Freight's model, sells for only $14.99. Huge, huge diference in price! In fact, I think the Harbor Freight unit, picks up coins further than the Bullseye! That would be a great backup, pinpointer, if you can find one! They're selling like hotcakes!

Thought I'd share! :bthumb:
My bullseye gets about 1/2" or so depth, but it is a nice compact unit !!

update

An update to this thread. Well the new bullseye unit that whites sent me is performing just fine, no switch issues so far at all, after a summer of use. The automax that my buddy is using, seeems to have more depth capability, but it lacks the small well designed footprint of the whites. The automax is tooo big and bulky for my liking, but it does do a good job for him though. I was leaning toward getting a sun ray, but now I think the garret pro pointer, might be a better option. The depth reports from users, say it is very good, and fitting in your pocket, keeps more weight off the detector. Just try swingin an mxt all day, it's not a real heavy unit, but none the less every bit of weight added makes it heavier. For now I'm gonna stick with the bullseye, and keep my eyes peeled for a deal on the pro pointer !! Rich.

Bullfrog, thanks for the Harbor Freight tip on pin pointers.

found one today and price was $16.99 and includes a 9 volt battery and soft side belt velcro carry case.

Sent Another Bullseye II in for repair

Sent another bullseye II (different one), in for repair. This one would work very sporadically, it stayed beeping all the time, tried several different fresh batteries (according to the manuel, low battery will cause a constant beep), seemed like the sensitivity switch was not working properly, turn it up beeps, turned it down beeps, just plain beeps all the time. Got a brand spanking new replacement one back from Whites, today !! NO CHARGE !! Got to give em credit, their service is great !! WTG WHITES !!

Hey everyone,

I purchased a brand new White's Bullseye ll pinpointer less than a month ago and after using it a couple of times, the on/ off switch won't work properly. The switch seems to get stuck in the on position and the LED light won't turn off. I figure it is a bad switch but since I bought the pinpointer on eBay, I don't know how I will get it fixed. The unit was brand new and the seller indicated that it had warranty. I emailed him and I'm waiting to hear from him. Wish me luck !!

HH

gold-doubloon

Hello Classic,

Boy that siphons:frown: With a pinpointer that expensive, I'd blow chunks if it broke. Glad you got it to work out.:bow:

Thanks for sharing,
ProPointer

Hey everyone,

I purchased a brand new White's Bullseye ll pinpointer less than a month ago and after using it a couple of times, the on/ off switch won't work properly. The switch seems to get stuck in the on position and the LED light won't turn off. I figure it is a bad switch but since I bought the pinpointer on eBay, I don't know how I will get it fixed. The unit was brand new and the seller indicated that it had warranty. I emailed him and I'm waiting to hear from him. Wish me luck !!

HH

gold-doubloon
Send it in ti Whites with a description of the problem, what u got 2 lose ???? they've had issues with bad switches, it's a known problem, they did good by me twice so far !!

My BullseyeII which is a few years old switch started to act up light came on but pinpointer did not but not all the time. E mailed Whites they said send it back got a new unit back in a few days thank you White's

Ric-san

Even though I'm a loyal whites MD user ( XLT, then moved to MXT, then moved to my current: MXT Pro) I dont think Id get one of thier pinpointers. I have used one before, but as a matter of fact, I have a vibraprobe 570. No switch to go bad, its waterproof and best of all, it works great...

Ris-san the point of my post was to say not which one is better but to let you all know that White's stand behind there products long after you buy it and to me that a gold find there are not many co's out there that still do that .So thank you White's