Cable TV Complaint

sojourner

COINSTAR KING
IMG_0406.JPG
Cable TV is not cheap but it seems like paying customers (suckers?) are getting less and less for their money. It used to be that HI-DEF meant the picture had a higher resolution , clearer and brighter but now it means that you get the "privilege" of seeing it cover the whole screen. This was a movie on the TCM channel....Turner Classic Movies which isn't broadcast in HiDef so the picture is shrunk down to less than half its size. What's the point of having a large TV if you're only seeing a show on roughly one third of the screen?

KRose

View attachment 103174 Cable TV is not cheap but it seems like paying customers (suckers?) are getting less and less for their money. It used to be that HI-DEF meant the picture had a higher resolution , clearer and brighter but now it means that you get the "privilege" of seeing it cover the whole screen. This was a movie on the TCM channel....Turner Classic Movies which isn't broadcast in HiDef so the picture is shrunk down to less than half its size. What's the point of having a large TV if you're only seeing a show on roughly one third of the screen?
We watch the TCM channel too. Maybe your cable bill should reflect just what you are allowed to watch....one third of their classic movies. Lol you and Sue keep cool up yonder.

draaiorgel

Our tv doesn't have the stretch capability.
Although our previous one did.
Our cable supplier is super expensive and gives absolutely no discount for long time customers.

That's really poor for a company that takes in millions every week.

sojourner

COINSTAR KING
We watch the TCM channel too. Maybe your cable bill should reflect just what you are allowed to watch....one third of their classic movies. Lol you and Sue keep cool up yonder.
Paying one third of the cable bill would be fair, but there's no chance of anything associated with the cable company that's fair. As for keeping cool....we are in fact doing just that. Tuesday's temps were 30 degrees cooler than Sunday's was. Temps hit 99 on Sunday and only 69 on Tuesday. Just FIVE more weeks of heat and then the weather up here turns nice.

sojourner

COINSTAR KING
Our tv doesn't have the stretch capability.
Although our previous one did.
Our cable supplier is super expensive and gives absolutely no discount for long time customers.

That's really poor for a company that takes in millions every week.
In some ways it'd be nice to going back to the old ways regarding TV. We only had three stations to choose from but it was FREE and the commercials were short and sweet unlike today's endless parade of commercials every five minutes.

sojourner

COINSTAR KING
Originally cable TV or as they used to refer to it (Pay TV) was supposed to give you channels that had NO Commercials unlike network TV. That didn't last long and eventually even though you paid for cable the commercials started creeping in slowly buy surely. Nowadays they're totally out of control AND the internet is getting to be just as bad with popups and ads all over the screen. I watch a lot of things on YouTube and there's generally a commercial before the video and now after the video and occasionally in the middle of the video. Nothing like listening to a music video and it's interrupted by a commercial.

justdon

And do you notice that about every year they say they have to negotiate with networks about the price they pay them and then they want to say they will probably raise the price of your service its nothing but price gouging and they are out of control with it.

sojourner

COINSTAR KING
And do you notice that about every year they say they have to negotiate with networks about the price they pay them and then they want to say they will probably raise the price of your service its nothing but price gouging and they are out of control with it.
My cable company here is Atlantic Broadband. I received a bill a few months ago with an increase so I called to find out why my bill was being raised AGAIN. I was told the bill was being raised because it was my service anniversary date !!!!!! I couldn't believe that so to make sure I heard correctly I asked if a loyal customer gets their rates raised every year? The answer was YES. I told them that maybe its time I started celebrating anniversaries with one of their competitors and was able to get a rate reduction of $10 for one year. BIG DEAL !!! BUT.....since then there was another $3 raise for some miniscule reason .........These companies need to be put on trial and forced to watch commercials 24 hours a day and pay for the privelige.