Calling all XP Deus users

teamroper

First I want to thank Gregory for starting this section. Since this machine has not been around for ages and it has the curiosity of a lot of MDers lately I think that it is fitting to have this section. As a novice user of the XP Deus all I can say is that I will try to post the little things that I notice as I am challenged to it's learning curve.

I must say that with some help I have not been as apprehensive about this machine as I thought I would be. Of course there is a learning curve and I won't say it's hard as it is different. Or at least to me it is. One big plus is the book by Andy Sabisch. That helped me out a lot.

I'm looking forward to seeing what people like ATW have to say about it since he's a LOT more experienced MDer than I am. So please, if you have one or just want to know more about it just post away and maybe someone can answer your questions. And for those that do have one, PLEASE POST. Thanks:D

against the wind

This frozen ground is killing me. My Deus is still in the box. I too will give Andy Sabisch a shout out for the respect he deserves. This is the 3rd book by him that I am reading. He helped clear up a few things for me when it came to the E-Trac. I will say from reading the Owner's manual that the Programming or Tweaking the Deus seems a lot less complicated than the E-trac. When I finally get up and running, I think I will stick to the factory programmed Basic Program. That way I will get a feel for the sounds and the way the detector identifies different or multiple targets. After that I plan to adjust the tones so that this machine will really go bonkers, (SCREAM), when the coil passes over silver.
I'm hearing about some finds being recovered from really deep spots. Think I'll price out a backhoe.
I'm not looking to push anyone over the financial brink, but I do know that Deus XP lowered their costs to dealers. The dealer's in turn are passing those savings on to the consumer. No one in the frozen areas of the country are banging on the dealer's doors. That being said,, a unit that included the 11 inch Coil, Remote, and WS5 Headphones was selling for $1,995. two weeks ago at Big Boy Toys. Today that same unit can be had for $1,600. I'm sure Ron at Windy City can probably do better and may even throw in a book and a hat. This might be the time to buy. :whistle:

Last edited:

KRose

Man, I'm stoked. My wife just told me to go ahead and order an XP Deus. I was so excited as I picked the phone up to place the order, my hands were shaking. Honey', my wife sweetly called as I was dialing the phone...yes? I replied. You still have your heavy winter coat. Yes I replied, why? My wife said because you and the Deus will need it to keep yhall' warm as your sleeping under a bridge. The Deus is proving itself as a top notch detector. Congrat's to the new owners, and I wish you nothing but the best of luck with the Deus.

diggin brains

Man, I'm stoked. My wife just told me to go ahead and order an XP Deus. I was so excited as I picked the phone up to place the order, my hands were shaking. Honey', my wife sweetly called as I was dialing the phone...yes? I replied. You still have your heavy winter coat. Yes I replied, why? My wife said because you and the Deus will need it to keep yhall' warm as your sleeping under a bridge. The Deus is proving itself as a top notch detector. Congrat's to the new owners, and I wish you nothing but the best of luck with the Deus.
does that mean your going ahead with the order:unsure:

teamroper

OK folks. Here's what I've got to say after last night's hunt. There were a LOT of different targets out there in very close proximity to each other. In each case the XP did a great job of showing each individual target as the coil was passed over it. I had one spot that was no bigger than a pie pan in which six different targets showed up. However after slowly picking each one out and then trying to ID them I managed to find the one "silver" target and decided to dig. It turned out to be a Merc at about 6 inches. Now that may not be real deep to some but I thought that considering the amount of trash that was so closely positioned near the coin that was pretty good. And it didn't matter on the speed of the swing. You could CLEARLY hear all six different targets and they were passed over.

Now again, since I'm really slow about learning the different "options" on this machine I had one of my partners set it up with a "Low Iron", "Mid-Iron" and "High-Iron" program. Another really nice feature is that if I want to switch from the "Low Iron" to the "High Iron" program I just have to hit the "+" button on the remote twice and I'm there. And as far as that goes I can go through all the programs just by hitting the "+" or "-" button to scroll through them all. On my XLT I had to go out of that window and then find the program and reload. I find this extremely handy. Now this option might be on almost every other machine out there. I don't know since I haven't had but about 6 machines but it's a plus in my book.

I've been told that I swing my loop too high off the ground so I loosened up the coil "attachment" screw and let it kinda float across the ground. This gave me some more depth I'm sure. Just have to watch out for the rocks. lol. Overall, I'm still very pleased with it and I'm learning a little more each time I go out. Just my two cents. HH. :D