Canadian coins

I recently purchased a new Vac and took it out for my first hunt here in Newfoundland to my surprise it seems our coins has a high percentage of steel in them. After setting the ground balance I turned the sens to the red, threshold at 1:00 o'clock I put the Vac into disc mode, laid a Canadian dine on the ground and couldn't even get as much as a chirp and the lowest disc setting, any thoughts or advice would be appreciated. Tin Can

I recently purchased a new Vac and took it out for my first hunt here in Newfoundland to my surprise it seems our coins has a high percentage of steel in them. After setting the ground balance I turned the sens to the red, threshold at 1:00 o'clock I put the Vac into disc mode, laid a Canadian dine on the ground and couldn't even get as much as a chirp and the lowest disc setting, any thoughts or advice would be appreciated. Tin Can
Yeah buddy, I live on the West Coast of NL and I have a Vaquero not the machines fault that we have nasty coinage her in CANADA. it won’t matter which machine you use, if you disk out nails you’re going to miss some of our coins. Sadly in 100 years all there will be left to find in our soil for future generations, is RUST!! I recently purchased a Nokta Makro Anfibio 14. Same story with our Canadian coins I’m afraid. But I’m more interested in finding old coins, not modern clad. Lots of silver and copper in the old money. : ) enjoy your Vac. It’s a good machine, not for the beach though I’m afraid : (
Bill