can't beat the price

Must be getting back into the hobby at the right time ... just ordered my Titan 2000 XD PRO and I got the Automax Precision V4 Pinpointer included for only the shipping charges !

Can't beat a deal like that .... thanks, Kellyco ! :multi:

EBCIII

Cool Avatar!!

Congrats on the new detector and the pinpointer! I know you will be digging some cool stuff soon, Beale.

KellycoChick

Treasure Quest Sponsor
Glad you got to take advantage! If you feel like it, you should sign up for our newsletter too. It goes out bi-weekly and I kinda make it... from start to finish. :wink:

maybe not what I wanted ?

Yeah, the price was right (free), but it just does not seem to be doing the job. It's almost like I have to be touching the object to get it to go off and that's at maximum sensitivity.

So, I'm considering one of the Vibra Probes (570 or 730) ... now I know that they are pinpointers, not general-detecting equipment, but when I look at the 730, it almost seems like I'd have a "mini 4" on a 16" stick ... I remember how I was trying to figure out a way to swap out my 10" on my Titan 2000 with the 4-1/2" to help with pinpointing, so this 730 looks like it would almost be a "second detector" for me ... I know it won't tell me what the target is (my regular coil would have done that on the main detector), but at least I'd get more distance than what I seem to be getting on the Automax.

Anyone have experience with the 730 ? I know some of you have the 570 and like them, but I'd like to know if the owners of the 730 are happy with the distance it gives you.

Thanks for the advice in advance !

Hey Digs... right on about the AutoMax...seems like you have to touch the target before you get a beep. Not to mention the vibrate does work.
what a waste of shipping charges. 19 bucks..:rocketwho

woodwizard

I also agree they are junk-thats why they give em away.I broke down and ordered a pistol probe-from surfscannerdetectors.good people there -got my F5 there for only $399.total to door $415. was gonna try to sell my v4 on clssified but am to honest and couldn't rip off no body.Any one want it PM me its yours for shipping. pin pointer is gone

bdahunter

TQ's Master Pirate
I also agree they are junk-thats why they give em away.I broke down and ordered a pistol probe-from surfscannerdetectors.good people there -got my F5 there for only $399.total to door $415. was gonna try to sell my v4 on clssified but am to honest and couldn't rip off no body.Any one want it PM me its yours for shipping
Woodwizard:
Even a weak detector is worth something who is just starting out and doesn't want to spend much to get started. At least try and sell it for 50% of what you paid for it but be clear in the ad that it is a 'starter machine'.

JMO but it's your money,

woodwizard

getting rid of the V4 pinpointer not the F5 as I am very satisfied with it.In my opinion the F5 is A1. sorry for the confussion but I am getting old

HOWDY

if your looking for a good pinpointer you should consider a garret pro pointer, detects a buried coin a good 2 inches away, i once said i didnt need a pin pointer, no i wont go hunting with out it. and by the way, bounty hunter coils work on the titons. hh ...HOWDY

MinelabMan

Congratulations on the new detector & pinpointer. I got two automax's totally free (free shipping also) two years ago when I purchased 2 detectors. I didn't the the automax was a as far as pinpointed went, it didn't see very tough though and it was awkard. Besides I already had a pinpointer that I was happy with. Sold them both on eBay, one went for $46 and the other went for $72!

I got my v4 with my MXT in the kellyco bonus packs like most everyone else. I slightly modified mine... If you leave in your gearbag on the couch some one is guaranteed to sit on it...and break it in two!! I also had the same problem as others in that it didn't squeal until actually touching metal. So, after I quit crying. I took it apart and super glued the probe back on and rearanged the wires inside to clear the tube. Well, what ever I did sure did increase the sensitivity of it! It now squeals a half to an inch away from metal now. So, that's cool now. But, my real problem is still its fragile nature. Already lost it once when it came off my belt w/o knowing it. other than that. its ok.

woodwizard

As I said I ordered a pistol probe it got here -was playing in the yard and found some junk at about 4" just useing the probe -no detector-let me see your V4 do that.am meeting up with another md'er-gonna let him have the V4 since he doesn't have a pin pointer.

titan md

Be careful of the battery connectors, my old one I had to modify the connector to a snap type because of connection issues after a while. Cover the pin pointer with shrink tubing at the tip to keep from wearing it down.
Good luck good digging...:cool:

Garrett pinpointer pro

I have 2 V4 both free from kellyco. I agree you have to almost be touching the target and the sensitivity setting is somewhat awkward. The whole unit is also a pain to carry around. I did some reserch and found the Garrett pinpointer pro to be very well liked . I ordered one today from garrett central $127.50 and free shipping. I'll keep one V4 but am selling the other one.