Compadre, Goldenµ gold test.

backwater52

Buried a tiny gold ball Earring and tested in all metal. I only went 7-8" the compadre pinpointed better and still in disc set between iron and foil but almost scratchy sounding. If i pressed the golden's coil while swinging slow it just barely caught it with disc set between notch mark & pull tab. this earring is about no.2 shotgun shot size. I wasn't sure if they'd find it at all so was surprised. golden was also faint with a low/high tone that was hard to tell which tone were sounding off. had to quit before the earring's owner got home:whistle:

homefire

Here is the Reason why : Higher Frequencies are hotter on Jewelry and Natural Gold.

Tesoro Cibola............................14.3 kHz, 14.5 kHz, 14.7 kH
Tesoro Compadre.....................12 kHz
Tesoro Cortes............................10 kHz
Tesoro DeLeon..........................10 kHz
Tesoro Golden uMax.................10 kHz
Tesoro Lobo...............................17.5 kHz

Last edited:

majakldragon

Well Known Member
Staff member
Wow, I have both the compradre and the silver umax and was considering selling them since I have both the ATP and T2. Maybe I should consider keeping them :)

backwater52

With the golden i would just plain missed it due to coil off the ground. With the Compadre would depend how long I'd been at it and who owned the ground. (caution rant ahead) I won't do parks because if you dig plugs you'll be on camera at city hall in ten minutes, everybody is a cameracop. In this town to hunt parks you have to sign in every day and state where and when. Don't matter how good you replace plugs they don't like complaints and would just as soon not have you detecting to start with. Anyway it was just a test to see how they did.

Last edited:

backwater52

Used the golden µmax with disc at lowest setting and sensitivity 8-max and threshold about 2 o'clock, no notch for an hour tonight. This was in my yard that's fairly trashy and cherry picked. Dug about 5 targets just thumbing the disc for identifying targets. All were 6" or 7" deep, stock coil. Brass disc about quarter size had 3 spoke like a steering wheel or peace sign. Small strip of curved brass, 2 nickles and a thick rusty washer. All were second highest tone with some of 3 mixed in except the peace wheel, 2&1 high tones. Washer fooled me but they got my number, gotta dig. Had a deep nail that disintegrated when dug that i knew was bad but needed to get it out of there. I do this with the COMPADRE all the time but was fun with the tones. Going to a beach early in the morning and need a warm up (not the weather).

Last edited:

backwater52

Got out this morning and got 3 more nickles and grandson should get a housekeeping medal, i think he had about a 5 gal. pails worth of dug trash! Pretty good time, cool with a breeze and the river was still full of flood debris floating by. One other detectorist was there with a green machine. Was going to talk to him but our patterns were out of sinc then he was gone.