CTX-3030 Speaks to me

SkateCreek

I have had just about every (newer) detector available since 2008, I enjoy testing all of the new technology that each new model brings.

Now I am lucky enough to have the Minelab CTX-3030 and I have to tell you that this is an amazing machine!

The learning curve was extremely short, much quicker to learn than the E-Trac, too.

I am now in the process of going back over all of my previous hunted spots because I have discovered that the CTX has the ability to "unmask" targets that have been missed before, not just by myself.... by the many many detectors that have been there in the past.

If you are pondering purchase of the CTX, I would say just get one.... simply an amazing machine.

To test my theory... I handed my CTX to a friend who does not hunt, gave him about 2 minutes of basic instruction and watched him dig good target after good target in his own yard, most of these targets also had some type of ferrous or iron nearby, he was able to easily identify and recover with a minimal of assistance.

So I can now say that the CTX-3030 not only speaks to me, but to others as well.

I think the best "feature" of this new machine is that it convinces you to dig... rather than suggest that you do not.... you can "see" and hear multiple targets whether they are good or bad.

It is silly that it has taken this long for a manufacturer to accomplish this easy task.

HH!

-SK8

hoser

Sounds like a very good unit indeed. I just wish it wasn't quite so heavy. I believe it is one pound heavier than the E-Trac, and that thing gets pretty heavy after a few hours of swinging.

DigsNW

I have hunted with you and know you like the challenge of a new machine. I am glad you have great things to say about this one. You have used enough of them to know what is good and what isn't. I will have to come up and get a look at it before you move on to the next. :D

against the wind

Sounds like an unbelievable machine,, I"ve followed other posts you made illustrating the multiple target displays and that sounds incredible. If the mfg can compact this machine and reduce the weight by 1 or 2 pounds,, then they have one - upped themselves. I just purchased the AT PRO and maybe a couple of good hits , (Gold rings) and I might consider making the purchase.

SkateCreek

Sounds like an unbelievable machine,, I"ve followed other posts you made illustrating the multiple target displays and that sounds incredible. If the mfg can compact this machine and reduce the weight by 1 or 2 pounds,, then they have one - upped themselves. I just purchased the AT PRO and maybe a couple of good hits , (Gold rings) and I might consider making the purchase.
I like my ATP as well, but just sold it to another forum member :(

rip

I've been following you and others that have the 30 30 and so far I'm impressed.I'm unemployed at the moment....... so I might have to get me one seein as I got so much spare time. :D

Megagold

I'm glad you like the CTX 3030. A lot of people are waiting to see if it is a good machine and worth the price.
Thanks for posting, and let's get to show and tell pics...lol:cool:

I have to agree. It speaks to ha and I'm green as it gets and it is finding stuff and leading me to it lol. I hunt behind friends and find what they miss. Again I'm new to this. I think it's probably unbeatable. Next to the straight gold machines for gold.

Orosurf

They are excellent, but too heavy and you cannot rely on them being waterproof. My friend is a minelab agent and has had 2 of them leak so far. The screen can't be read underwater either.

Last edited: