CZ21 Observations

Reeseb

Not many posts here about the CZ21 so I thought I'd offer my thoughts about the machine.

I've owned my Excalibur II for about two years now and I've found a lot of nice gold finds and some old silver coins but recently purchased a CZ21. What got me interested in this machine is its ability to provide tone ID in all metal mode. This something the Excal doesn't offer. With the Excal, you get a null when you pass the coil over iron if you are in discrimination/tone ID mode and there is no way to get around it unless you hunt in PP mode where there is no tone ID.

With the CZ21, you can set the discrimination to zero and hear the iron along with good targets. This is big a plus for me because I can tell where the iron is and hunt in and around it for adjacent non-ferrous targets in iron-prevalent sites.

I have also noticed faster recovery delay when passing over iron and onto an adjacent non-ferrous target and a few times I have had both iron and non-ferrous targets in the same scoop.

The depth of the CZ21 has also paid off for me on several occasions. In areas with deep sand (after a careful ground balance) I've been able to find some really deep silver.

I'm really happy with this machine. My Excal has taken the back seat to my CZ21 for wading. I'm using it only for diving now.

KRose

Dirtfisher, that was great post and should be of some help to someone considering a CZ21. I'm glad you are having good luck with this MD. Continued success and HH.

diggin brains

Not many posts here about the CZ21 so I thought I'd offer my thoughts about the machine.

I've owned my Excalibur II for about two years now and I've found a lot of nice gold finds and some old silver coins but recently purchased a CZ21. What got me interested in this machine is its ability to provide tone ID in all metal mode. This something the Excal doesn't offer. With the Excal, you get a null when you pass the coil over iron if you are in discrimination/tone ID mode and there is no way to get around it unless you hunt in PP mode where there is no tone ID.

With the CZ21, you can set the discrimination to zero and hear the iron along with good targets. This is big a plus for me because I can tell where the iron is and hunt in and around it for adjacent non-ferrous targets in iron-prevalent sites.

I have also noticed faster recovery delay when passing over iron and onto an adjacent non-ferrous target and a few times I have had both iron and non-ferrous targets in the same scoop.

The depth of the CZ21 has also paid off for me on several occasions. In areas with deep sand (after a careful ground balance) I've been able to find some really deep silver.

I'm really happy with this machine. My Excal has taken the back seat to my CZ21 for wading. I'm using it only for diving now.
I also use the cz21 and I love it my first machine was the 1280X but the tone id with the CZ is great

herb n surf

You now have two really nice machines .Congratulations . Speaking of depth , what size coil did you go with?? I normally use my ten inch coil to cover more ground but I find that my eight coil to be less fatiguing .

Reeseb

You now have two really nice machines .Congratulations . Speaking of depth , what size coil did you go with?? I normally use my ten inch coil to cover more ground but I find that my eight coil to be less fatiguing .
I went with the 8-inch coil. I sometimes wish I had better coverage, but most of the spots I hunt in are pretty trashy and I have my CTX3030 if I really want more coverage. It's got an 11.5-inch coil. My Excal has the 8-inch coil which is perfect for diving.

Reeseb

I'm liking the 8-inch coil for pinpointing, too. And I can stick it way down a deep hole when coins are so deep it takes several scoops. Today I found a Mercury dime that started out as a barely audible low tone. I had to dig down a couple feet to get to it. I've been running with sensitivity maxed. It sure does affect battery life. Cuts it down to about 25 hours.