Day Trip …...Part 2...Plymouth

sojourner

COINSTAR KING
IMG_0529.JPG IMG_0525.JPG IMG_0526.JPG IMG_0527.JPG IMG_0528.JPG IMG_0530.JPG IMG_0532.JPG IMG_0533.JPG After we visited Provincetown we headed to the town of Plymouth, Mass. which is of course associated with the Pilgrims and Thanksgiving. In the town at water's edge is the famous "Plymouth Rock" a symbol of the Pilgrims coming ashore in Plymouth. The rock has been patched up because many years ago the town was moving the rock from the town square and it cracked. Nowadays it's at sea level and protected to prevent tourists from chipping away pieces of the rock. The next photos are of the bay and Water Street which is where the rock is located. The next pic is of a monument dedicated to the Pilgrim women who endured the rigors of life in the new world. Sue is posing on the side of the Plymouth Rock. After that is a monument dedicated to William Brewster, first Governor of Plymouth colony. Final pic is of a few of the many boats in the harbor. After walking around Plymouth we had dinner at a nice Italian restaurant and had window seats with a nice view facing the harbor.

DigsNW

I am so glad you and Sue are able to get out and see your world. I think I can say for all of us on TQ we enjoy your willingness to share it with us in picture and narrative. That was a great trip to Cape Cod. I have never been there.

sojourner

COINSTAR KING
I am so glad you and Sue are able to get out and see your world. I think I can say for all of us on TQ we enjoy your willingness to share it with us in picture and narrative. That was a great trip to Cape Cod. I have never been there.
Thank You Dave for the kind words......we are fortunate that we can get out and enjoy the many beautiful places we have here in New England. I wish that you were able to see Cape Cod because it is such a beautiful area. We waited until after the tourist season to go there because in the summer it's so crowded you just can't enjoy its beauty.