Day Trip Part 1......Provincetown

sojourner

COINSTAR KING
IMG_0514.JPG IMG_0516.JPG IMG_0518.JPG IMG_0519.JPG IMG_0520.JPG IMG_0524.JPG On Thursday, Sue and I took a day trip to Cape Cod all the way to the town of Provincetown which is at the very tip of the cape. After reaching the cape and crossing the Cape cod Canal we took the slow road to avoid the highway and to see the small towns along the way. We stopped in the town of Brewster at the Brewster General Store. The store has been in continuous use since 1866 and prior to that the building had been a Universalist church since 1852 but due to dwindling attendance the church was sold and became a store. Further along the way we stopped at the "Birdwatcher's General Store" in the town of Orleans. Sue loves birds and feeds them all the time so this was a store we had to visit. The pic after the bird store is Provincetown at low tide and then a view of Commercial Street in downtown Provincetown. This is an old town and the streets are narrow with many even smaller side streets. Commercial street is full of shops, restaurants, bars and an array of "locals". The final pic is of a monument dedicated to those who served in WW1 and in the background is the pilgrim tower, dedicated in 1909 to the Pilgrims who came to Provincetown before they landed at Plymouth.

Last edited:

Buster

King of Spam
Staff member
Awesome pictures. We used to go up to Cape Cod for vacation when I was a kid. Stayed in Catuit. Not sure of the spelling. It was an awesome time. Almost moved there. Lots of history for sure

sojourner

COINSTAR KING
Awesome pictures. We used to go up to Cape Cod for vacation when I was a kid. Stayed in Catuit. Not sure of the spelling. It was an awesome time. Almost moved there. Lots of history for sure
Thanks Buster, we're happy that we live within easy driving distance and can pretty much go there whenever we feel like going.