DD is too big of a coil on the 350?

Abraxsis

My wife is having trouble as am i with the big DD on this machine. I think a 5x8 is better for this garrett. I love the big DD on the pro. Anyone find the stock DD hard to manage.??

Megagold

If you mean heavy...yes, a bit, had to reduce the shaft. Pinpointing is a bit hard for me still yet. I find things with it. But...some days...:rolleyes:

robby4570

If you mean heavy...yes, a bit, had to reduce the shaft. Pinpointing is a bit hard for me still yet. I find things with it. But...some days...:rolleyes:
It - at least my 8.5x11 Garrett DD - pinpoints RIGHT under the hole just ahead of the clevis on items 6 inches or more deep, just a bit ahead of that from 0 - 6 inches deep. You really have to practice with it to get good at it but I love my DD.

hunterope

I love the DD on my 250 (8X11 - got if from DBG).. I use the tip pin pointing method. Right off the top of the coil in the center. It is heavy, but I've found that by shortening the shaft a notch or 2 and pulling the cuff sleeve tight does the job... I use the 5X8 on my AT Pro and I LOVE IT!

DBG

The 8.5" x 11" DD does make the otherwise ultra-lite Ace's a little Coil end Heavy.
Now on my AT Pro I've started using the smaller 5" X 8" DD,
And I absolutely Love it.
I'm actually fixing to get one for my Ace 350.
The 5" X 8" DD is lighter,
Detects almost if not as deep as it's big brother,
Gets in between thrash better,
Thus discriminates better,
I.D.'s Better,
Gets in between obstacles better.
So unless I go into a place that's wide open with very little trash,
The smaller DD will be my chosen Coil.
:)

DBG

Hey Guys >n< Gals
I found some thing in the manual the other day
That I had never seen before or tried until then.
You can Pinpoint a target without mashing the pinpoint button.
Just rock the cradle over the target til your pretty sure where the strongest signal is,
Then turn 90 degrees and repeat.
You can pretty much mark the spot with your eyes,
Plus in Disc. Mode you don't have to worry bout pin pointing a peace of trash beside the target.
;)

Hey Guys >n< Gals
I found some thing in the manual the other day
That I had never seen before or tried until then.
You can Pinpoint a target without mashing the pinpoint button.
Just rock the cradle over the target til your pretty sure where the strongest signal is,
Then turn 45 degrees and repeat.
You can pretty much mark the spot with your eyes,
Plus in Disc. Mode you don't have to worry bout pin pointing a peace of trash beside the target.
;)
I must have missed reading that as well, Ill have to try that next time Im out ( probably tomorrow ) Its Good to Know though and worth giving it a shot. However, for the record, I seem to do pretty good at pinpointing left to right and then doing the 45 deg. turn and repeat.

DBG

DBG got to the point of my concept...about the 5x8 ..I think it is a better coil for the ATP than the DD.really!
It's a DD to,
Just a smaller DD.
But like you,
I think its better for the kind of hunting I do, to.
I also think you unconsciously slow down
because of the smaller size.
If I had to choose between the two
I'd keep the 5" X 8"DD
As Always
JMHO
:D;)

DBG

ASAP I'm getting one for the Ace 350
If it does like I think it will
It'll be std.on that machine too.
;):D