DEFINITION

PAPPY

For those of you who are NOT familiar with the term DOWSING, Please let me explain. Dowsing is the ability of a person to use an instrument as an aid in locating items of unknown locations by use of electromagnetic energy fields. Every item has it's own energy field and can be located using the dowsing instrument and through a baiting process which causes the energies to form a common bond between them.
Some people associate dowsing to the ability of an animal to smell water.MAN has more ability than that of a stimulus-response animal and has more ability than that of just being able to locate a water source.
Dowsing is called "RADIESTHESIA". Radiesthesia relates to the sensitivity of the radations that emanate from people, water, minerals and other items. Most people suspect that dowsing is related to electromagnetism. REGARDLESS of the reason that dowsing works, THE FACT REMAINS THAT DOWSING WORKS! Dowsing IS A SKILL THAT ANYONE CAN LEARN. There are numerous web sites dealing with Dowsing.
A LOT of people use their dowsing rods in conjunction with the metal detector. The dowsing rod can be used to identify larger masses of coins, then the detector is used to locate the individual coins. The dowsing rod is NOT LIMITED to coins but also locates MINERALS, WATER and numerous other things.
I will be MORE THAN GLAD to address ANY questions you have concerning this interesting and profitable hobby (SCIENCE)....PAPPY :D :D :D

Vlad

Hey Pappy, good to see others in this hobby also interested in dowsing.
I must say I only tried it a few times, but it definitely works! Though, I haven't found anything "big" I plan on learning this craft as an addition to metal detecting.

From reading on the net about this subject it seems like you pretty much can find anything if you put your mind to it. Water, minerals, treasure and even people! Though, nobody can really explain how exactly dowsing works, it is a proven fact that dowsing does work!

Pappy, I would like to know if you used dowsing rods yourself and if so how successful, what your best finds are, and any tips you can share. Any books you can recommend?

Thanks for any info and HH

PAPPY

DOWSING

VLAD, There are some good books on the market about dowsing however, there is much more information on different web sites. I have been dowsing for many years and yes IT DOES WORK. I even use dowsing while deer hunting. I have taken a number of BIG BUCKS with my rods. Sounds absurb but it works. My best find was years ago and was a jar of Morgan Dollars....50 of them to be exact near an old fence line around a homeplace that had burned down. I enjoy using the LOADABLE RODS but the ole' fashioned ones work just as well with some practice. I started dowsing when I was a youngster...(FOR WATER WITH A WILLOW BRANCH ROD)..when I was young that's how we found places to put our wells. Dowsing is a GREAT SCIENCE and ALL METAL DETECTING USERS SHOULD learn how to use the Rods in conjunction with their detectors...ADD TO THE FUN.....THANKS FOR THE VISIT and HOPE TO SEE YOU HERE AGAIN REAL SOON....PAPPY :D :D :D

Vlad

Thanks Pappy, would you mind pinting me to some good websites. Also, what do you mean by "loaded?" You put a coin in the handle, if you hunt for coins?
Would you say that the signal would be sronger if you have something big down there? Lets say a pile of coins would produse a stonger "signal" then a single coin? Can you normally tell if its a rusty bucket or something good after doing it for some time?

Thanks again for your help, and I'm glad to hear you found some good stuff with the 'ole rods!

PAPPY

DOWSING

VLAD, "LOADED" means inserting a sample of what you are searching for. Loadable rods contain a "LOAD CHAMBER" that you can put samples in. Silver, Gold, Water, Hair...Just about anything. I search mainly for gold and silver. When searching for silver I load my rods with a silver mercury dime and when searching for gold I use a small gold nuget and so and so on. As far as the signal is concerned...Yes you get a stronger signal on larger item..Ex. a jar filled with coins as opposed to single coins. I use DOWSING mainly for larger items and larger finds the use my detector to pin-point the objects. As with the metal detector, the more you use the rods the more you get used to them and can actually tell what you have located with the rods. I'll be happy to send you some web sites.....PAPPY :D :D :D

Pappy. Send me a web address. My grandfather has been doing it for old buttons and coins for years...he is really good at it. He cleaned house in a field up on one of the family farms that borders Gettysburg. He has a bunch of stuff. It does work.

What are the web sites

Pappy, Please send me the web sites also.How do I construct a loaded dowsing rod? Are there plans for this?
I am a bit confused about dowsing....some have told me that dowsing is something I must not do because the scriptures tell us not to do it.
Is that true??:baffled::baffled:

i`VE WONDERED ABOUT THAT ALSO, THE IBLE DES SAY THAT, IF WE`RE READIN IT RIGHT; i MAGINE A PERSON COULD JUST GOOGLE DOWSING AN GET SOME GOOD WEB SITES. THANKS FOR POSTING THE INFO YOU HAVE, IT IS REALLY REALLY INRESTING.