Depth

Does anyone have any tips on getting the most depth out of the M6 besides installing a different coil? My machine has difficulty spotting anything past 4 or 5". Thinking about sending it in. Would rather not though.

depth answered

If you want depth and accurate discrimination look into the Discovery Electronics detectors. I've been in this for years and have owned many detectors but Treasure Baron is the deepest of all. I run a 8" coil and sometimes an 11". The detectors are made in Oregon and George Payne patented many of the modern day detector features. Hi patents are heavily involved in the Discovery Electronics machines.
Check out their website or go to Surfscanner.com

By the way, I recently met up with Homefire and he was very impressed with the depth on gold nuggets and fine jewlery with my Treasure Baron.
Jim

Before sending it in, check your battery voltage, check your coil connector wire, make sure it's tight, then go bury a few quarters at measured depths, test it out on this first. If you are still not satisfied, then send it in to whites for a check up, dont forget, they only need the control box with lcd screen and coil, no need shipping the lower rod, or the battery holder.(save on postage).

Hey Joe,
saw this old post on the M6 did you send it in? I had 2 D2 coils and neither woud go as deep as my 950 I can see a quarter at 9" I also have the 4x6 and the 6x9 DD's
Good luck
John

Hey Joe,
saw this old post on the M6 did you send it in? I had 2 D2 coils and neither woud go as deep as my 950 I can see a quarter at 9" I also have the 4x6 and the 6x9 DD's
Good luck
John
Hey John,

I did send in my unit and basically they gave be a new coil and a new board. I'm finding stuff at over 10" now. I found a quarter at 10" last week. Can't complain about the M6. Think it's a nice machine.