Desperately seeking an Excalibur circuit board

Discussion in 'Beach/Water/Underwater Metal Detecting' started by Orosurf, Aug 12, 2017 at 12:24 AM.

1. Orosurf

Orosurf Well-Known Member

Professional Treasure Hunter
    Hi everyone, this is a long shot I know. I am searching for an Excalibur circuit board as mine has developed a very strange fault that nobody seems to be able to fix. It started after the machine leaked. I bought a new coil and headphones but every time I put the coil near the sand in the water it falses like crazy, to the point o being unusable. As many of you know the Excalibur is my only source of income. It still works ok on the dry sand, but finding $10 a day in coins just isn't enough to keep me and my family. So if anyone has an Excalibur circuit board or an Excalibur withat still works but maybe has a broken coil and or headphones, please let me or Digging Brains (Brian) know. Brian is trying to help me out. This is really urgent as every day our situation is getting worse and my best time of year is fast approaching

2. homefire

homefire Well-Known Member

Salt water does UGLY things. If this way my situation I would Replace all potentiometer. Give the PCB a bath, yes a soaking in 99% alcohol and dry. Re flow every solder joint and pray to the PCB Gods.

3. PRO PHOTOG

PRO PHOTOG Well-Known Member

Professional photographer
    My Prayers are with you Darren.

4. Gregory

Gregory Well-Known Member Administrator-Site Founder

Painter-Paper Hanger & Timber Man
    Hope you locate one soon