Detector pro pistol probe

This was the closest forum to finding out anything about detector pro's pistol probe. Hands down, at six inch depth for coins this baby blows anything else away for under 200.00! the detector pro Uniprobe will also do 6" but it is much more expensive. My question: with no waterproof or water protection mentioned about the pistol probe, I would like to coat the shaft and head with a rubberized or silicone based tool dip product for water protection. Are there plastics/ materials that hinder pulse waves? Or reduce coil sensitivity? Say like with a coil cover...doe's any one know if a special plastic is used? I kinda doubt it, but I never know. I'm sure there are some materials that block pulse induction waves. If any one has any thoughts about waterproofing coils or probes, I'd love to hear it.
plumber

I wouldn't risk it with a pistol probe if I were you. If you want to test that method out I'd do it with a cheapy HF pinpointer first that way if it didn't work your out like fifteen or sixteen bucks instead of $180.00. Good luck!

I wouldn't risk it with a pistol probe
Good advice! Detector Pro finally got back to me. They said the head is waterproof...They actually suggested dipping it in a plastic type coating for added protection, but to avoid any plastic weld products that contain metal. Still...dipping 180.00 bucks into automotive goo seams a bit scary.
plumber

sscindercoop

This was the closest forum to finding out anything about detector pro's pistol probe. Hands down, at six inch depth for coins this baby blows anything else away for under 200.00! the detector pro Uniprobe will also do 6" but it is much more expensive. My question: with no waterproof or water protection mentioned about the pistol probe, I would like to coat the shaft and head with a rubberized or silicone based tool dip product for water protection. Are there plastics/ materials that hinder pulse waves? Or reduce coil sensitivity? Say like with a coil cover...doe's any one know if a special plastic is used? I kinda doubt it, but I never know. I'm sure there are some materials that block pulse induction waves. If any one has any thoughts about waterproofing coils or probes, I'd love to hear it.
plumber
Wow Im surprized you want all that depth. What I mean is alot of the targets I find have junk off to the sides of the hole and some times in the hole seems like you would be hitting stuff all around your target in trashy areas. :bthumb:

Wow Im surprized you want all that depth. :bthumb:
One word, water. Ok. two words, Gold. Ok, forget the word diet...I always talk too much on this forum. I'll be using it for checking gravel benches, cracks in bed rock and old dredge holes. This I will be doing in gold areas that have produced coarse gold or nuggets in the past. What I really want, is a completely waterproof PI unit. Unfortunately, they are ether too expensive or their depth range sucks. plumber