Dinner Time

fyrffytr1

My trail cam caught this picture the other day. I have been feeding the deer whole corn and noticed a few birds coming in so I bought some bird feed with cracked corn in it. I put out a mixture of the whole corn and bird seed and get deer, raccoons and a fox at night and doves, cardinals, sparrows and squirrels during the day. The picture isn't the best but see how many doves you can count.

doves 1.jpg

DigsNW

I love doves. We have a few around here but the cats get some every year. Since they feed on the ground under peoples feeders the cats do well on them A lot of people here say they can't stand hearing them coo but I love to listen to them.
You do have a lot of them there. That is s a nice picture.

KRose

Nice pic. FF1. I counted 21 Doves and 1 squirrel. We have many doves around here also. Like Dig's, I always enjoyed hearing them coo. Very soothing. I always loved hearing the Whip a Whirls at night too. I remember at night as a kid we would sleep with our windows open (try doing this today), and hearing them. A lonely far away sound that would put one to sleep pretty quick.

fyrffytr1

Yes love to hear them doves and when they hook up they are partners for life.

Have many Possums down your way?
I have seen pictures of one possum, one rabbit and one fox since I put the camera out about 8 months ago. Three different cats and a couple dogs were caught on the SD card as well. There are more deer than anything else with seven bucks and two does showing up.