Does anyone else do this..Am I weird?

Was metal detecting the other day and dug a plug, a few earthworms crawled out and I made sure I picked them up and put them in the bottom of the hole so they'd live.

Am I weird?

pris

Nope, I do that too. I feel a bit bad when I step on the plug after I'm done, too. Not sure If I'm squashing them. :mean:

I never thought about it until now. I have been doing it all these years without even thinking about it. Everything has a right to live until its time, I guess it just wasn't their time :wink:
Carl

ummmmmmmmm

From the land of the Bluenose...well that is a good thing to do. If the birds there are like the ones here me bouy they could go on a diet. A hunt a few weeks ago with French dave i dug a plug and out popped a garter snake....lol! Happy hunting.:eek::eek:
Was metal detecting the other day and dug a plug, a few earthworms crawled out and I made sure I picked them up and put them in the bottom of the hole so they'd live.

Am I weird?

pris

Wow, Leslie! I like snakes, but I think I would have just about had an aneurism if a snake popped out. :yikes:

INDY

Man, you're just weird !!! I'm Joking:rofl:. Usually I just put them back in the hole, sometimes I throw them in the grass for the birds.:grin:

pris

:rofl::rofl::rofl: RIP! I was eating my lunch and about spit it out all over my computer screen when I read your post. hehehehe :grin:

D

dave

dave in iowa

I do the same , i'm invading their territory , so i put em back, i'll be in the hole with them :smile: soooon enough:bthumb:

rip

:rofl::rofl::rofl: RIP! I was eating my lunch and about spit it out all over my computer screen when I read your post. hehehehe :grin:
oops hope i dident ruin your lunch ! ,but then shouldent you be down at the park anyhow ? :grin:

pris

We had a potluck at work, so I et me lunch before I went to the park. I found 3 dimes, 2 pennies, the back of a timex that took a lickin' and stopped tickin', and only 1 pull tab and a piece of can. Oh yeah, it was HOT, too. I was streamin' sweat. People at my work think I'm teched in the head, but it sure is fun.

BTW, you didn't ruin my lunch, I was :rofl:. :grin:

Kentfb

The soil is rich where I've been detecting and every hole has worms galore. Maybe I should start keeping them and start a worm business. I put them back in the hole but lord knows what happens when 250 lbs. packs it with his big foot.... :rofl:

J

julieburger

I used to have a worm farm when I was a little girl. I fed them coffee grounds and cornmeal until they died and at that time I realized that I was feeding them self-rising cornmeal:yikes:. They all blewed up. That was the end of the worm farm. Maybe that is why I save them off the driveway. I've got worm murdering guilt.

B

boobieinPa

How about this one julieburger.Years ago when I did a lot more fishing I raised giant African night crawlers.
I had them in the cellar and kept a light bulb above them so they would stay under the soil.
Well we went away for the weekend and the bulb went out.
When we got home the cellar floor was moving from all of them. It was like walking on jello.

My parents made sure I picked up every one of them and from that day on they made me buy worms when I was going fishing.

rip

We had a potluck at work, so I et me lunch before I went to the park. I found 3 dimes, 2 pennies, the back of a timex that took a lickin' and stopped tickin', and only 1 pull tab and a piece of can. Oh yeah, it was HOT, too. I was streamin' sweat. People at my work think I'm teched in the head, but it sure is fun.

BTW, you didn't ruin my lunch, I was :rofl:. :grin:
:bthumb: :grin: