Dowsing lessons #3

B

BERT-BERT

Hello Treasure Seekers:

This will be the third lesson in this series and it will be about using the "Wand" or "Bobber" as some call it, it is nothing more than a horizontal Pendulum and it can be used in any position,vertical,horizontal, straight up, or holding tip down, then it acts as a regular pendulum it is not effected by wind when dowsing outside. I have used all the dowsing tools, but This is my favorite instrument.
To program the wand use the same method as used for the pendulum,I program mine to gyrate clockwise for a "yes" and counterclockwise for a "NO"and bouncing "up" and "down" for waiting for a question( this up and down motion is also used for pointing the direction to the object you are searching for.
The wand can be made from the tip of a glass fishing rod of the lightweight fresh water type, measure down from the tip about 3 1/2 feet and cut it off,this part is extremely flexible and makes a good wand, I make mine out of a stainless steel 2 meter automobile antenna its very flexible and I can put a handle on it, hold the thin end between thumb and forefinger,I then wrap my left hand over my right one,and then point the wand forward,to locate a vein of water start walking,on approaching a vein,the wand will start a small oval shape movement, and as you move forward it will begin to be more of a circle,when you are directly over the vein the wand will begin to wildly circle in the clockwise direction,it reminds me of a propeller on an airplane,when I get a camcorder and tape the actions you will see what I mean,To find the depth of the vein of flowing water ask the wand to give you a yes when you are standing directly above the vein of flowing water, then ask, what is the depth in feet from ground level at this spot I am standing on to the bottom of this vein of flowing water? say " let each bob of this wand equal 5,10 or if you think it may be deeper you can use say 20 feet for each bob" even though the wand will be bobbing up and down before you start,the count wont start until you begin the actual count. say the vein is 80 feet down,and if you use 10feet for each bob of the wand,the wand will begin circling when you reach 8 bobs of the wand.
Don't expect to be an expert with the wand on the first trial,it will take a lot of practice----next segment will follow---Keep practicing----BERT

Attachments

B

BERT-BERT

Dowsing lessons # 3

Hello All:
Good morning,this will be the second segment on using the "wand".
In the previous lesson we learned how to determine the location and the depth of a vein of flowing water,this lesson will elaborate on this method and use it to find other objects,to find gallons of water per minute flowing down the underground vein of flowing water,standing directly above the vein ask what is the rate of water flowing down this under ground vein of flowing water in gallons of water per minute,the wand will circle clockwise,meaning your super conscious mind has received this request , the wand will quit circling clockwise and then start bobbing up and down, now say let each " BOB" of this wand equal one gallon of water per minute flowing down this vein,when the correct gallons of water is reached the wand will circle clockwise,say you have counted 10 bobs of the wand that means there is 10 gal.of water per minute flowing down this vein,TO find the purity of the water "say" on a scale of 1 to 10, 10 meaning the purest water,say what is the purity of the water flowing down this vein,the wand will circle clockwise meaning your super conscious mind has received your question,the wand will quit circling and start to bob up and down "SAY" let each bob of this wand equal one unit, the wand will circle clockwise on the correct number,you can try this experiment,take 2 glasses,fill one with tap or well water,fill the other glass with distilled water,you will get 10 bobs for the distilled water and if the tap or well water is in the good range the wand will circle at 6 or 7 bobs.
I f you are looking for other items (coins etc) the method is some what similar,stand in the area you want to search and "SAY" SEARCH AND MARK THE EXACT SPOT AT GROUND LEVEL IN THIS AREA THAT IS DIRECTLY ABOVE THE GOLD COIN,SILVER COIN OR WHAT EVER THE ITEM IS YOU ARE SEARCHING FOR" My wand will oscillate left to right which is the search mode of my wand ,start turning in a circle,when the wand locks in on the item in question it will start to circle clockwise stop turning, after one or two seconds the wand will then start to bob up and down, the wand will be pointing straight ahead,follow the way the wand is pointing,now this is " amazing" if you veer or walk to the left the wand will correct you and put you back on the right track,it will circle clockwise,meaning you have to turn back to the right,when you are back on track the wand will start bobbing up and down again and the tip of wand is pointing you in the right direction to walk again,if you veer of to the right the wand will start circling counterclockwise meaning you must go left to get back on track,when you come to the item you are searching for the wand will stop bobbing up and down and then circle clockwise,then the wand is directly above the object,to find the depth from ground level down to the object use the same method as finding the water depth only instead of using feet use inches as the unit-----I hope I have made this lesson clear if not I am here to answer your questions----BERT

Attachments

dowsing with L rods

Hi BERT-BERT iVE read what you have typed and it makes sense to me now all I have to do is practise,practise and practise until I get it to work for me,last sunday the field that we the club were detecting on was about 500 acres so finding something is pure luck yes I was fortunate to find a hammered silver penny but it would be a lot easier if I can perfect the ;BOBBER;what is the range that the Bobber can pick up an item lets say a silver coin,would it be within 20 yards?,just out of interest whats your best find using the Bobber and do you use the Bobber every time you detect,do you have any failures where you have used the Bobber and not being able to find it with the detector,goodluck from Paddywhack.

B

BERT-BERT

Hello Paddywhack:
Good evening,yes the bobber has no limit on the range it detects items,it will detect items right in front of it ,if you want to detect something in China you could,distance means nothing to dowsing.
My best finds with the wand was 2 large nuggets with a small amount of gold in them,one was 75 miles from my home and the other one was over 100 miles,I did this by map dowsing and pinpointed the locations on the maps before leaving my home,I drove right to the area that was marked on the map,then I used the wand and found the exact spot,I will explain this more throughly when we get into map dowsing.
Yes,I use the bobber ever time I detect,I would never go out without taking the wand it saves an enormous mount of time. the only time I detect a spot with the wand or as you call it a "bobber and the metal detector does not pick it up is because the coin or whatever is too deep in the ground and beyond the metal detectors limit,keep practicing, you are doing very good-----Bert

PAPPY

Video

BERT-BERT and I hope to have some dowsing video ( Maybe as soon as next week) so stay tuned !:bthumb:

dowsing with L rods

Hi BERT-BERT today I finally got round to try the pendulum and I went through the exercise and low and behold I got it to work IM well chuffed,then I tried the wand and no sucess story with this tool,could it be that the wand I am using is to rigid,im using a fibre glass sea rod,then I tried using a piece of split cane still no joy,have you any sugestions that may help me also practicing with the L rod I placed a silver coin on the surface and I noticed that when I am searching for the coin the lock on is very weak i would have thought that the rod would have really held on to the target but as soon as I try to turn 360 degrees the rod moves with me,the rod im using is brass 3/16 inch.look forward to your reply good luck from Paddywhack.

B

BERT-BERT

Hello Paddywhack:
Good morning,sounds like you are on your way to becoming proficient In the use of the Pendulum and if you can use the pendulum you can use the "wand",I believe what you are using for a wand is way too stiff,find a bush or tree sprouts and get one that is very limber and cut back from the tip about 21/2 or so feet,hold the thin end in your hand with the heavy portion pointing out,keep practicing and you will get results,try different branches till you get one that seems right for you.
Now about the rods, when you put the coin on the surface, turn 90 degrees from it and ask "search and mark the exact spot in this immediate area that is directly above the coin,watch the L rod turn it will turn until its pointing in the direction to the coin,now keep circling if the rod wants to follow your turn "stop" the rod will again turn back to where the coin is,try turning at a faster speed and watch the rod if it follows your turning stop, it will again align up with the direction to the coin. Hope this helps---BERT

dowsing with L rods

Hi BERT-BERT thanks for the reply I will take your recommendations on board tommorrow Im back at that windy site so theres little hope of using the L rod,I will keep practising with the wand until I get it to work,good luck from Paddywhack.

dowsing with L rods

Hi BERT-BERT ARRIVED ON SITE THIS MORNING AND YES THE WIND WAS HOWLING AND THE WIND TURBINES were going like the clappers so it was pointless tring the L rod very little was being found and by 2 oclock I had enough but my mate persuaded me to stay for another hour just as well I did he was walking towards me and im digging a hole to retrieve the find and a hammered silver penny of edward the 2nd popped out what he called me I cant print but its all good fun so driving back home I was a happy chappie,have you been out detecting lately,if so lets hear how you come on,good luck from Paddywhack.

B

BERT-BERT

Dowsing lessons #3

Hello Jocap:
Good morning,and I am glad you are reading the dowsing lessons,Pappy and I will Have some videos for Gregory to post with the lessons and they will give a better understanding of how dowsing works,
We should be taping them this week,keep reading the posts and if you have any questions that I can help with just give me a post---Have a good day----BERT

PAPPY

Video

The weather kind of has us at a standstill right now BUT we hope to make some video this coming FRIDAY to have for all the folks here !:bthumb:

B

BERT-BERT

Howdy to all you Dowsers:
Pappy will have a video on the pendulum dowsing instrument this evening or night,keep checking its coming, and we will have a lot of videos on dowsing coming up soon----BERT

B

BERT-BERT

Dowsin Glessons # 3

Hello Paddywhack:
Pappy will be posting the first of our videos,this one will be about the pendulum,stay tuned for more videos coming soon----BERT

dowsing with L rods

Hi BERT-BERT I am looking forward to seeing these videos I have found a thin branch or a twig in my language and it responds to what ever I say but I cant find any coins I cant get it to lock on or locate any but I still managed to find a silver florin 1915 George the 5th at about 15 inches Im using the XP GOLDMAX POWER and a very good machine at that there was 3 other silver coins found by other club members can you tell me what if anything im doing wrong,look forward to your reply goodluck from Paddywhack.

PAPPY

Videos

The Pendulum Videos have been sent to the webmaster and as soon as he can combine all of them they will be posted on the "HOME PAGE" under "Metal Detecting Videos".

We had to send 4 seperate videos due to the fact they were taken with a digital camera. That is the only thing we had right at the time.

All others will be taken with a camcorder and hopefully they will be ready when sent to the webmaster...THANKS for being patient.:bthumb:

B

BERT-BERT

Hello Paddywhack:
Thanks for the post,it sounds like you are doing great if you got the "twig" wand working,giving you a yes and a no.
You will need to install a program before everything works like its supposed to,since you have got the pendulum and the twig giving you yes and no its time to install a primary program,I will post it soon,In the meantime try this,lay a coin down on the ground and move about 15 feet from it,as you stand facing the coin turn and face the opposite direction from the coin then holding the wand pointing straight ahead at about 45 degrees from ground "say" search and mark the exact spot that is directly above the coin,if this works the wand will swing back and forth from left to right or vice versa, that is the search mode,as its swinging back and forth start circling with your body,when the wand is pointing to where the coin is it will stop going back and forth and then circle clockwise after a second or two it will stop circling and then move up and down,this is the direction of travel walk forward and when the wand is over the coin it will circle clockwise meaning the coin is directly below the wand, I hope this helps,when the videos are posted you will get a demonstration of how this works,I am sending the video tapes out to Greg today,so in a few days he should have them installed on the video section on the home section of Treasure Quest----Bert

dowsing with L rods

Hi BERT-BERT thanks for the reply im trying to run before I can walk cant wait to be able to find something with the wand ill keep practising until I get it to work,goodluck from Paddywhack.