dowsing with L rods

Hi if anyone is listening when is Gregory going to put up the other dowsing videos,im impatent and I want to see how Bert-Bert operates the wand ,Goodluck from Paddywhack.

B

BERT-BERT

Hello Paddywhack:
I don't know what happened to Greg,I sent him the videos on a DvD disk and I haven't heard from him and I don't think he has been on the Treasure Quest net in the last 3 weeks,I hope he is alright,so hang in there paddywhack and keep on practicing,keep me posted on your progress--BERT-BERT

Hi Bert-Bert nice to hear from you in one of my recent posts I mentioned that when I hit a target with the wand and trying to move the wand away from the target the wand was visably shaking,I must stress that these targets are in my veg patch and are lying on the surface,would I get the same response out in the field when I have found a target that has been buried for a number of years,its a nice feeling and if it is the case then I would be very excited,last sunday I was out with the club and I used the wand 3 times I turned 360 degrees and no response then one of the guys found a hammered silver penny 5 yards from where I was standing,I wasnt nervous of the using the wand in front of the members because ive used a Electroscope for a number of years with limited sucess,where have I gone wrong,look forward to your reply as always ,goodluck from Paddywhack.

I am a little surprised that some people have trouble dowsing. When I was 10 or so I saw a guy dowsing water pipes. he never explained how he did it but I bent a couple of pieces of wire and walked around the yard and dug up all sorts of stuff. I wasn't even concentrating on any specific thing. Since then I have only improved it by concentrating on what I was looking for if it was something specific, otherwise I don't even pay attention to anything. I just look at the surrounding scenery till the rods move. When I go metal detecting in dirty areas I usually go over it first with the rods and mark the places to check out. I hardly ever find pop tops. I couldn't any more tell you how or why it works than the man in the moon, but it works for me just fine.

dudly610

Im trying to work with the pendlum, but to dowes a map with the l rod my hand sahkes to bad to tell if its doing any thing! but the pendlum works good. I went to a camp site to see a freind I told him what Ive been up to as afar as the dowsing with the pendlum.so I did what the first lesson said to do.I got out of the car put the pendlum over my papper with the cross line's ask if it was ready it swung tward me and away.ask it to show me what derction to find coins turned 360 got turning when i started to turn pendlum swung side to side then it began to circle.so I stoped and got the detector out and began searching in that derection.I was kinda worried cause it was pointing tward the lake!but half way between the lake and the car bang got a poket spill 3 quarters, a dime, and a nickle, one penny! I got to the lakes edge and found a matchbox car from 1969.after that i detected all over the area and found nothing else but junk, and a penny! i think that was cool!!

Please show!

I am a little surprised that some people have trouble dowsing. When I was 10 or so I saw a guy dowsing water pipes. he never explained how he did it but I bent a couple of pieces of wire and walked around the yard and dug up all sorts of stuff. I wasn't even concentrating on any specific thing. Since then I have only improved it by concentrating on what I was looking for if it was something specific, otherwise I don't even pay attention to anything. I just look at the surrounding scenery till the rods move. When I go metal detecting in dirty areas I usually go over it first with the rods and mark the places to check out. I hardly ever find pop tops. I couldn't any more tell you how or why it works than the man in the moon, but it works for me just fine.
Here's the thing. Lots of people tell us about dowsing but no one ever shows any finds. I am an open-minded learner (I HAVE located a sewer cleanout in front of witnesses) that would love to see what you found. Thanks.

Here's the thing. Lots of people tell us about dowsing but no one ever shows any finds. I am an open-minded learner (I HAVE located a sewer cleanout in front of witnesses) that would love to see what you found. Thanks.
Well, my last find here was rite after I bought the property. I was just walking around the yard looking for nothing specific, and got a reaction. I dug around and got a rusty but very usable piece of chain. I don't think anybody wants to see a piece of rusty chain but if you do, I would be more than happy to post a picture of it. As for loose change, I see a lot of people keep track of it by counting the coins I picked up from the beaches and parking lots in Florida. over the last 10 or 15 years that would be easier to count the pounds, but who really wants to see a pile of coins anyhow unless there were some really valuable ones.

I live alone, but if anybody is in the Weatherford, Azle or Springtown Texas area who would volunteer to drop by and run the camera I would be more than happy to give a blindfolded demo.

As for "how to" somebody else would probably be a better teacher because to tell you the truth, I really don't understand how I do it. I just think about what I am looking for like pvc water pipes, phone lines, electric lines, wood, paper, plastic, metal etc. and when it comes along, the rods move. I have had several people try it including little kids and they did it the first time.

To make mine I bought a 48 inch piece of brazing rod, cut it in half and bent it 90 degrees 6 inches from the end. That's it. I have also made them from metal coat hanger wire too.

schoser

Well, my last find here was rite after I bought the property. I was just walking around the yard looking for nothing specific, and got a reaction. I dug around and got a rusty but very usable piece of chain. I don't think anybody wants to see a piece of rusty chain but if you do, I would be more than happy to post a picture of it. As for loose change, I see a lot of people keep track of it by counting the coins I picked up from the beaches and parking lots in Florida. over the last 10 or 15 years that would be easier to count the pounds, but who really wants to see a pile of coins anyhow unless there were some really valuable ones.

I live alone, but if anybody is in the Weatherford, Azle or Springtown Texas area who would volunteer to run the camera I would be more than happy to give a blindfolded demo.
i would in a heartbeat if i were over there. what kind of metal would be best in your opinion for me to start out with. i want to make a set and give it a go.:icon_tong

i would in a heartbeat if i were over there. what kind of metal would be best in your opinion for me to start out with. i want to make a set and give it a go.:icon_tong
Man I guess whatever floats your boat LOL. I have made them from brass brazing rod and wire coat hangers and they all seemed to work the same

start out looking for something you know is there like a water pipe or something laying in the yard or even an overhead power line. You will feel them move. there wont be any doubt that you didn't subconsciously move them.

I'm gonna try also....

I will have to make a "y" rod-it seems to work better for me for some reason-maybe it's a mental thing. Thanks for the post and yes-I would love to see a pile of coins you found-it would be the same as a metal detector post. This is no skepticism here-I'm truly interested or I wouldn't have had the guts to post about finding the sewer cleanout. I once read a dowsing article from a guy that basically said the same thing you're saying. He said that everyone made it harder and more mystical than it really was. Thanks.

I will have to make a "y" rod-it seems to work better for me for some reason-maybe it's a mental thing. Thanks for the post and yes-I would love to see a pile of coins you found-it would be the same as a metal detector post. This is no skepticism here-I'm truly interested or I wouldn't have had the guts to post about finding the sewer cleanout. I once read a dowsing article from a guy that basically said the same thing you're saying. He said that everyone made it harder and more mystical than it really was. Thanks.
OK, here is about $180 in change left and two rings, one gold with 8 diamonds and one silver with an eyeball as well as a watch and pocket knife, all picked up on the beach in Florida. I had a lot more change but I been doing laundry and stuff for the last three years and this is what is left.

Picasa Web Albums - The Proud Infadel - STUFF

For lack of anything to do this evening I went out in the yard with my rods and was playing around by walking around with my eyes shut looking for things I might find in my yard. After about 20 minutes it started to get boring so I moved out into the dark part of the yard where there is no light and tried looking for some of the … uuuuhhh … “land mines” my two pet cows leave laying around the yard. Don't laugh, your looking for basically grass laying in grass. In 189 feet across the back yard, I had 17 hits and clean shoes. I opened my eyes for each hit and yes it was a land mine. Thats pretty good if you ask me.

schoser

i been reading up on it a little and still haven't tried it yet. They say for the mostpart that it works for whatever you want to find...and you have to act indifferant to your quarry as much as possible while still searching for it. this would be hard to do, wouldn't it? I'm not sure, but it seems that sometimes when i detect with the feeling that i dont care what i find, then i find stuff. But when i focus too much on any one thing i want to find, the less i find of anything. but i will be giving this a try probably tomorrow. just have to find some rods

The best way to make L Rod's

I went down to the local hardware store and bought two flexable brass rod's and some small round copper tubing and use a vise a hacksaw and brake line cutter to cut the tubing to make the handle's .The cost under twenty dollar depending where you live!!:bthumb:

OK, here is about $180 in change left and two rings, one gold with 8 diamonds and one silver with an eyeball as well as a watch and pocket knife, all picked up on the beach in Florida. I had a lot more change but I been doing laundry and stuff for the last three years and this is what is left.

Picasa Web Albums - The Proud Infadel - STUFF
Thank you! My enthusiasm just skyrocketed! I'm getting with the program. I read how to make a "y" rod with two plastic rods or bending and twisting a metal rod into that shape. It's my favorite and most responsive device and I'm gonna do it.. Most people don't realize how a few pics and finds inspire the interested but skeptical. Of course I realize the biggest part of the fault is mine for not following thru because of fear of the "mystical".

Most people don't realize how a few pics and finds inspire the interested but skeptical. Of course I realize the biggest part of the fault is mine for not following thru because of fear of the "mystical".
The mystical part is what is so interesting, to heck with what I find. It's just cool doing it.

I can guarantee you that nothing will happen if you do nothing. What have you got to loose, a coat hanger? A piece of copper wire? A piece of brazing rod?. How much do you spend on fishing, hunting or some other past time and come home empty handed? Sounds like you can't loose on this one.

schoser

Well i made a set with coat hangar wire and gave it a try...seems to me it is way too easy to affect them with subtle accidental body movement...could be i need heavier wire... didnt see anything out of the ordinary from the set i made. will keep fiddlin' with this :spin: