escal question

smartfox

I fully charged my escal but was not able to use it the other day. It has been sitting in storage being off. Now it is 4 days later and going to use it today cause finally ida passed and the sea looks very calm. I guess that's what they call the calm after the storm. I'm sure there should be something out there today.

My question is will it be fully charged or does it lose some charge when it is not in use eventhough it is off?

I could have charged it but I'm also a bit nervous to overcharge the unit . Let me know. Thanks. My wife is letting me go for an hour. Got most of my wiffee chores done. Thanks.

smartfox

thanks bda

I should be good then. Hopefully. Only going for an hour. I'll charge it next time for sure. I might charge it for 30 min before going out.

bdahunter

TQ's Master Pirate
I should be good then. Hopefully. Only going for an hour. I'll charge it next time for sure. I might charge it for 30 min before going out.
You have the Excal 2 with the NiMH battery pod so no problem to just top it up as they don't develop a memory like the NiCad pod on the older Excal. The stock charger that comes with the Excal is hard on the batteries though, so if you see a smart charger I suggest you pick one up - your batteries will thank you.

against the wind

Excellent information, , I was going out today but the temps dropped 20 plus degrees and winds flowing down into where I was going into the water. I'll just go ahead and stretch an 8 hour hunt out of it. I heard somewhere that a fully charged battery give you about 16 hours of use?? Anybody know for sure?? :cool:

Orosurf

4 days of storage will have taken about 20% of the charge out of it.:cool:
I completely disagree. It won't lose any charge in that time.
Excellent information, , I was going out today but the temps dropped 20 plus degrees and winds flowing down into where I was going into the water. I'll just go ahead and stretch an 8 hour hunt out of it. I heard somewhere that a fully charged battery give you about 16 hours of use?? Anybody know for sure?? :cool:
Yes it will ! I usually reckon on two full days. The stock charger has always served me well. The only problem I have had is occasionally the split pins that are the contacts get squeezed together, carefully prise them apart to keep them making good contact.
I can only say that I have probably charged an Excal more times than anyone I know of...