Ever Misplace a relic?

KRose

Nice looking coin FF1. Here's hoping you can come up with it. It will most likely turn up when and from where you least expect it too. I hope so. The only thing I can remember misplacing relic wise ( and I have never found it ) was a small flat cast Iron lock that had a horses head cast onto the front of the lock. I dug this years ago back in the early 80's at the base of a huge oak tree that was supposed to be the site of a blacksmith shop years ago. It was really a neat looking piece and I would have liked to have been able to give it to my daughter since she loves horses. I have looked and looked for this through the years and I can't imagine what became of it. Maybe one day we'll both come across these pieces again. We'll just have to keep our fingers crossed.

bwanaclyde56

I too have missed placed a few relics. I found a button or pin that had what looked like two crossed pipes on it . .Found it in Maryland at a place that was supposed to have been a muster camp for civil war troops. No idea what I did with it.

KRose

We could Awl write a country song entitled "We've lost relics in strange places". Sung to the tune of "I've got friends in low places" Lol ;) Maybe one day we can once again come across and find these lost relics.

DigsNW

Yes I have misplaced a relic. I can't find my wife. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Well she is 28 days older than I am. I sure hope you find it. I have a whole lot of pictures I had a year ago and cannot come up with them. Frustrating.
HAPPY, HAPPY, HAPPY. I found those pictures I have been looking for by accident, looking for something else. They are my old R.R. pictures. Now I hope you find your large cent FF.

KRose

HAPPY, HAPPY, HAPPY. I found those pictures I have been looking for by accident, looking for something else. They are my old R.R. pictures. Now I hope you find your large cent FF.
Good for you Dave. I'm glad you were able to find those pic's. I still look from time to time for the old lock I misplaced. I don't know if I'll ever come across it again.

KRose

Well, Hello Jake. Good to see you post here. Long time No hear. I hope all is well up your and Mac's Tennessee way. Maybe the knapsack buckle will turn up for you soon.

teamroper

Well, Hello Jake. Good to see you post here. Long time No hear. I hope all is well up your and Mac's Tennessee way. Maybe the knapsack buckle will turn up for you soon.
Doing good. Glad to finally get my head out of a frozen water trough. Don’t want to hijack this post so I’ll try to put an update on things later this afternoon

Last edited:

fyrffytr1

I FOUND IT!!!!!!!!!! But, it isn't a large cent, it's a half cent. I can't quite make out the date but I think it is 1825. I also found an 1837 large cent I forgot I had. Now all I am missing are five or six peace dollars. I'm thinking of offering a reward for them!

DSCN0932.jpg
DSCN0946.jpg
DSCN0947.jpg