Fellow Dues users !!!

JJ MDING

I have a question for all the New Dues users has anyone elts found, that the vdi stays repetitively the same for all types of targets respectively to there metallic makeup and not the size of the object.

teamroper

It might be the same on some items but the key (in my opinion) is that the really good finds will have a repetive number and location on the horseshoe (non-conductive and conductive). The junk items will have more of a tendency to jump around in numbers AND on the horseshoe. I can tell you that the other day when I went over a quarter it never wavered at all. That's not to say that it may have been perfectly flat or something to cause such a steady signal.

CW bullets that still have the brass casings around them may jump just a little because you have two different metals so called "competing" at the same time, but other than that they will be a steady number and signal on the horseshoe also. Hope this helps a little. I'm not too sure what else to tell you. Just my two cents.

against the wind

Place a nickel on top of a quarter. Take a VDI reading. Then remove the nickel and sweep just the quarter with your coil. Now sweep the nickel,,,If you get a duplicate VDI reading from all 3 sweeps, I would say that the program you are running needs adjustment. Either that or there is definitely something a little off with the Deus that you are using.:eek:

teamroper

QUOTE="against the wind, post: 867900, member: 15268"]thatPlace a nickel on top of a quarter. Take a VDI reading. Then remove the nickel and sweep just the quarter with your coil. now sweep the nickel,,,If you get a duplicate VDI reading from all 3 sweeps, I would say that the program you are running needs adjustment. Either that or there is definitely something a little off with the Deus that you are using.:eek:[/QUOTE]
Great info. I'll have to try it. Thanks
My description may not have been the best either. :oops:

against the wind

Jake,,,, I'm in the process of having these reference cards typed up and laminated. I did the same thing with the E-Trac Numbers.
I find them to be a real asset in the field when it comes to a quick reference. After carrying the E-Trac numbers daily, and looking
at them periodically, I started to recognize the VDI numbers when they came up on the machine.
With the Deus it will of course be a little different because we have the capability of running the machine on 4 different frequencies.
Very interesting, don't you think??When the laminated pocket cards are ready, I will send you a few.
P.M. me your address.
IMG_8307.JPG

IMG_8304.JPG

JJ MDING

thanks for the reply s and yes my dues is "old" it was a 1.0. the best thing about this machine is how easy they can change thing when i got mine it only had 3 frequencys and now it has 4 with just and update