Finally, at long last.

KRose

After literally months of trying to get a response from anyone who has owned or used the Whites 15' Max coil.....I finally heard from someone. I was about to think that no one out there had ever used one. I knew from what little research I was able to do that this coil was heavy, a deep reader, and a bit expensive at $ 249.00. The person who responded heavily suggested the Detech 13' Ultimate coil over the Max. I was told that the Ultimate reads just as deep and is much lighter and kinder to the shoulders and elbows. This has prompted me to hold onto the Ultimate coil a while longer and give it another try. This was good news to my ears.

KRose

Thanks, Ian. I was really glad to hear something from Anyone regarding the Max coil. The Ultimate coil is surprisingly lightweight and well balanced for its size. There must not be too many folks that have used this coil, for it honestly took months to get the first response back, and this is not a new coil.

DigsNW

I am glad to hear you got an honest response. It sounds like the Ultimate coil may turn into your weapon of choice and if it does I hope it does you well. You sure don't need an anchor at the end of that shaft to swing around so maybe it is a good thing you didn't buy an anchor. :D

KRose

Exactly what I was thiking Dave. I'm not a Swabee, so I don't need an anchor at the end of my MXT's lower shaft as you said. I like the Ultimate coil. The last time I used it, it seemed a Li'l squirrelly in our soil, but it could have been operator error. I will certainly give it another try.