Finally decided on a coil for the MXT

KRose

Good Luck with that coil! Is it this one?
White's 4x6" Eclipse Shooter DD Search Coil
Beale, the coil I ordered was the round 10' D2 coil for the MXT. I looked at the other Eclipse coils too. Whites has a Hewwge assortment of coils and coil sizes to choose from. And Thanks for the well wishes. Everything going your way up in ole' Virginni?

KRose

Jake, I gave the 15' coil a lot of thought that you offered for sale. It was a great price for sure, I was just afraid that it might be a bit too much for my shoulders swinging it after a while. Our soil here in Georgia is pretty heavily mineralized too. I just wanted you to know that I certainly appreciated the offer though. I haven't had a chance to take the new coil out yet, but I hope to soon. I believe its going to be a keeper.

Zip Zip

Jake, I gave the 15' coil a lot of thought that you offered for sale. It was a great price for sure, I was just afraid that it might be a bit too much for my shoulders swinging it after a while. Our soil here in Georgia is pretty heavily mineralized too. I just wanted you to know that I certainly appreciated the offer though. I haven't had a chance to take the new coil out yet, but I hope to soon. I believe its going to be a keeper.
I know this post is from March 2015 but I will reply to this so others reading this in the future can benefit from this simple post. When a coil is heavy and bothering your shoulder,,,, shorten the rod a notch or two and it will help a lot. I was having shoulder problems from a heavy coil and making the main rod shorter a bit really helps.

KRose

I know this post is from March 2015 but I will reply to this so others reading this in the future can benefit from this simple post. When a coil is heavy and bothering your shoulder,,,, shorten the rod a notch or two and it will help a lot. I was having shoulder problems from a heavy coil and making the main rod shorter a bit really helps.
Thanks, Zipman. You don't happen to know of anyone looking for a 950 coil for the MXT do you? I have one for sale in VGC and reasonably priced at $90.00.

Zip Zip

Sorry all I have is a Gold Bug 2 right now. All my whites detectors are long gone. Lost my job ended up homeless. Starting all over again :) (retired) :)

Zip Zip

Dang! I forgot to come back and read any replies. GB2 is gone and I have a MXT All Pro now. I could use that 950 coil.

Last edited:

KRose

Dang! I forgot to come back and read any replies. GB2 is gone and I have a GMT and a MXT All Pro now. I could use that 950 coil.
Zipman, sounds like you are getting back to normal. I'm glad to hear that for you. If you would like the 950 coil it is still available. I had dropped the price down to $ 85.00 shipped to the lower 48 states. You can either hit me on PM or my email address is I meant to ask you how you like the MXT PRO. I love mine. Great detector. Coil has been sold

Last edited by a moderator:

Zip Zip

Zipman, sounds like you are getting back to normal. I'm glad to hear that for you. If you would like the 950 coil it is still available. I had dropped the price down to $ 85.00 shipped to the lower 48 states. You can either hit me on PM or my email address is mandkrose@bellsouth.net I meant to ask you how you like the MXT PRO. I love mine. Great detector.
I've had the MXT Pro (w/12 inch coil) before and it's a real killer. I now have the All Pro (w/10 DD coil) that's the difference between the two (just the coils). You will be getting an Email from "groundshaker" which you will have all the needed info for the coil purchase :)

KRose

I've had the MXT Pro (w/12 inch coil) before and it's a real killer. I now have the All Pro (w/10 DD coil) that's the difference between the two (just the coils). You will be getting an Email from "groundshaker" which you will have all the needed info for the coil purchase :)
Thanks, Zipman. Is Groundshaker the one interested in the 950 coil?