First thread for Beer Can Collectors?

Tom Klune

I've got about 500 differant here from all over the country and some foreigns. Mostly pulltabs like the one in your pic from the 70's. In boxes in basement storage fer the last 15+ years. Might sell some if anyone is interested, or trade fer some bottles. Msg me here if anyone is interested and I'll let ya know what I have.

DBQ Dave

I walked many miles as a kid hunting for cans in the 70s. Best we got then were some pretty decent key tops and maybe a couple fare condition hard tops. The cone top would have been the ultimate prize but I never found one. Can collecting was big back then. There was a club called BCCA (Beer Can Collectors of America) where you could trade through the mail. This was way before internet. My collection got tossed in the trash a long time ago. If you have some never let the sun shine on them or they will fade. I damaged my collection doing this...I had them stacked near a window. That's a nice can. I remember that one.

DBQ Dave

All kinds of old beer cans on ebay incase you want to see the ones from way back when. In the 70s my dads friend had his basement walls covered in beer cans....All flat tops(can opener needed) and cone tops (shaped like the old Heat gas treatment cans). He told me back then that he drank every one of them. He must have started young as most cone tops are pre 1950s. I see mint cone tops going for $500 often on ebay. I bought a few flat tops there. I payed 6 or 7 bucks each.

DBQ Dave

Very few 70s can are worth much because beer can collecting boomed in the 70s and so many of those cans still exist. But there are some, like the James Bond 007 cans or the playboy cans....Big Bucks!